C5s?

Can anyone explain how a 5 fin configuration works and what it is supposed to do for you? Are they the same size as typical thruster fins, or smaller, to compensate for their number? I ask because I am looking at a Rusty Desert Island C5. Thanks

Can anyone explain how a 5 fin configuration works and what it is supposed > to do for you? Are they the same size as typical thruster fins, or > smaller, to compensate for their number? I ask because I am looking at a > Rusty Desert Island C5. Thanks Suppsably the side bite fins assist in channeling/forcing water to the thruster setup, in the attempt to increase speed and lift. e have found that it Works best in small waves, Cant beat the good ole thruster! Good Luck

Suppsably the side bite fins assist in channeling/forcing water to the > thruster setup, in the attempt to increase speed and lift. e have found > that it Works best in small waves, Cant beat the good ole thruster! Good > Luck Check here: http://rusty.com/surfboards/design_theory/tom_hall.htm I’ll only say that a lot of rail fin area may make for quick turning but it doesn’t do a thing for speed. Very small lead fins (dusters-- superchargers) make much mor sense to me. Mahalo, Rich