can i make a noserider out of my 6'5 blank?

check out this one.

5 toes on a 4’11" hollaaaahh

http://driftsurfing.com/blog/?p=6797

sorry for the delay

check your e-mail

later,

danny

mine is for sale see ad in surfboard  section/6-6.11

NOt sure about the kick you can go check at the surfy surfy shop or email JP. I don’t have any pics bc it was my bros but will try to get one.

Ding,

I made this board about two weeks ago but I didn't have a chance to try nose riding it until today. 6'7" x 21 1/2" x 3 1/8".  Fin depth is 8 3/4". I chose this fin more for turning and speed not so much for noseriding. The nose is rolled or bellied which I think has helped keep the tip out when nose riding. Down rails otherwise and flat bottom. Triple 6 on the deck.

Late drops are fun on this board. So much so I think I got a little careless. I was surfing a shallow beach break last week and drove the nose into the sand and fractured the nose. the glass seemed to be in tact so I sanded it out and added more resin.

hey mate

beauty board.

sounds like fun in the water.

i like your dims.

i'm in the middle of shaping mine at the moment. ill post a pic asap.

first time but it is looking good so far.

im a little cautious about my first glassing attempt. i guess you gotta just giver.

ding

Ahhg glassing I've gotten better with glass but I still make big mistakes. This one was supposed to be a light green blue tint but I fouled the job when the resin kicked to fast. So I had to peel the glass and go solid dark to hide the stained blank. Looks like shiz on the bottom.

I suggest getting some UV resin. I started using it and it makes the whole process better and less tears. More time to wet laps and flow out hot coats, quicker flip time, and you can start with less resin and ad more if needed so it saves you money. Just remember to kick off your fin boxes and plugs or you will have a mess to fix.

Definitely post up with ride report. I would like to see what is working for your design.

Hey Dansan,

I’m just looking into making a 6.6 to 6.8 noserider/ mini log. Would love to see your board (I know it’s quite some time ago but maybe you still have some information)!

Cheers

Elisa