Can you cut lap Vector Net?

77 is heavy and sprays funky…
Seems my post #11 was missed or worse.

If you have an uneven cloth, you’re going to fill it with something. Usually it’s extra resin.

I use microballoons. And then the second lager of cloth. You can get crazy strong, with very little weight.

Or just give it a cool name like “kick” and tell everybody it makes it go faster like sharkskin.

Would you know a good alternative to 77 that’s available in Europe?

Recent

Matty —Meant to comment earlier on those pics; in the one pic it looks as though you are pulling the wetted strands straight with a pair of needle nose?? Is that correct? Because if that is what you are doing? Makes good sense to me.

Nice symmetry. Nailed it.

3M is worldwide and they make a variety of spray adhesives. Most of the time on a tail patch I get away without it. I’ve not had problems with 77. Lately I’ve been using just plain old 3M spray adhesive. The cheapest they make. Beware though; some of the spray adhesives they make are intended for use with drywall mesh tape and plastic corner bead as used in drywall applications. Those adhesives are colored, usually pink. Lowel

My apologies Lowell,
Really should have gone on a little more…
All the work done in the photo trail is done dry
Prior to even laying the cloth and lams…
The “light” 3M45 sprays (and I do mean spray), unlike the “splatter spray” and heavy 3M77.
The 45can provide a fine light mist.
A spray on the foam to tack fiber down
So, you can see in the pic’s, the rail foam stain tape is still in place and I use it for my “scissor cut lap”
As in lam’n, start at the middle, work in short sections, spray, place weave and use the wax paper to mold to fiber tight.
So those are my (zircron encrusted) tweezers.
Straightening the strands out prior to final tack down.
Here is something neat, you can spray though the weave and shape further with the wax paper.
VERY important wait for the glue to set, BEFORE removing said wax paper!
During the initial tack down, don’t spray too much at the tape line.
This allows some flex for the lap cut.
As you well know this stuff likes to move around and squiggle skill is paramount
This is where (ever) the Hell I am at still trying to shit, to get a nice finish (without pinline).
Pix #1 #1 bust, 6 years and 30+ boards ago…
Lost in the Ozone? see post #11
BS factor? check the link!
Aloha!

Thank you. Good throrugh explanation. Yes the more you work it, the more it squiggles around. I got a deal on the one inch so I’ve got a lot to practice with. I watched one of the guys at the “Board Show” do a whole deck. He did a light spray and tack down. People make it look easy. It is easy. Easy to screw up. Did you get the clear net at FGSH? The tweezers are a good idea. Seems like you’re getting it down to me. Lowel