Can you edit your own posts?

We all used to be able to edit our own posts, if we wanted to add some pictures, or clarify something, but it seems that option is gone??

Huck, seems to work for me. I just made an edit to my last one in the ‘Stringerless’ thread and a couple here.

EDIT: adding link and a Bert B. fin photo

https://www.swaylocks.com/forums/stringerless-0

Maybe it’s a phone issue, I’ll have to wait and see if it looks different on my compuer, on my phone the option has disappeared.

yeah, I’m able to edit mine.

I think there’s a time limit on how long the button is there for. Unfortunately the button just disappears at some point. I know you can edit straight after posting normally anyway

Hi Huck -
I think it used to be that you couldn’t edit the first post. I.E. if you start a new thread, the first post in that thread stays as it was entered. I just double checked some entries I have made in pre-existing threads and those have an ‘edit’ button at the bottom. I also started a new ‘test’ thread in ‘Errors and Bugs’ and… no edit button.

lets test

I can edit

Trying on my computer now, vs my phone. Still no edit option.

Test…
As John said
I think it used to be that you couldn’t edit the first post. I.E. if you start a new thread, the first post in that thread stays as it was entered.

I’ll take a stab at it, too.
^^^unedited part

This here was added using the edit button
On a related note, I still have no “quote” button available. It’s been missing for at least two years. I will point out that it happened on desktop computer I’ve had for ten years, and four successive, different laptops. I have to type the code to quote someone, and copy/paste what they wrote. PITA

I started a new thread in Errors and Bugs, confirms what Huck is seeing that OP cannot edit first post in their own thread but can edit subsequent replies. I am seeing similar behavior between Edge and Firefox browser in Wndows 10.

https://www.swaylocks.com/forums/test-thread-edit-button-jrandy#comment-541195

Getting in on this…

Huck & everyone else here. I’ve fixed the “Reply” and “Quote” buttons. And just so everyone is clear, you can edit your original post, however, you are not allowed to edit your comments.

Hope that helps!
Mike

Didnt everyone used to be able to edit any of their own posts, comments included? When did that change?