carbon fiber and birch laminating

I would like to thank everyone for all of there help. It has been extremely useful. Paul I was amazed at the variety of plywood available at North American Ply. Today I ran across a carbon cloth supplier with very resonable prices and I was contemplating puting in a carbon fiber center ply when I laminate the board. Does anyone have any experiences with this? If so what were the up and down sides? Herb I noticed that you had tried this and it sounds like the results were good. What type of glue/resin did you use? I have experience with laminating wood with expoxy resin, but I really haven’t ever experimented with carbon fiber. Brett

I would like to thank everyone for all of there help. It has been > extremely useful. Paul I was amazed at the variety of plywood available at > North American Ply. Today I ran across a carbon cloth supplier with very > resonable prices and I was contemplating puting in a carbon fiber center > ply when I laminate the board. Does anyone have any experiences with this? > If so what were the up and down sides? Herb I noticed that you had tried > this and it sounds like the results were good. What type of glue/resin did > you use? I have experience with laminating wood with expoxy resin, but I > really haven’t ever experimented with carbon fiber.>>> Brett …If the carbonfiber glass is between the layers of plywood(rather than on the outsides)It not much different than just laying up plywood.Infact better,easier.It allows you to be a little slopper with your pressing,by keeping the epoxy inplace in the weave.be generious with you glue,and set it off slowly.That’s the ticket.Herb

Herb what type of glue/epoxy did you use for your laminating with the carbon cloth and the birch?

Herb what type of glue/epoxy did you use for your laminating with the > carbon cloth and the birch? …it’s a blend of dow 3938,and 4038???I think.I get it from a source(person) that works @ a cracking plant,and takes the blowback from the lines when they clean them.Any basic epoxy will do just fine.Herb