Carbon Fiber rails, HOW?

Uni.

Unidirectional. Meaning all fibers are in the same direction. Right?

yes, but I think you’d be better with a multi axis fabric. even on the rails.

spray glue the foam. lay a piece of carbon along the rail, trim it to the centre of the rail with scissors.

flip.

lay carbon on the deck rail, trim to the centre and this will overlap the bottom carbon. I use a touch of resin + spray glue on the deck to hold the carbon in place so it doesn’t sag onto the bottom rail. Also let the resin tack off.

Hey mate Do you guys use the 3m 777? or is there a better one available in oz? do you guys tape up for overspray? As some glues leave a yellow mark after a while in uv? I have found the 3m pretty good without much yellowing but just wondering if there is a cheaper/better option

Cheers

@Zack,
Sorry if I’m misunderstanding, but are you saying you do it in 2 strips that overlap at the middle of the rail?
Also, I’ve only seen one Hypto in person, and it looked like unidirectional carbon. Are you at liberty to say what you use?
Thanks.

ya all tripping

ya all tripping

…ok …ya all tripp’n

LOL.
Ok, Yorky. Stop being coy with us and just spill the goods already.

nearly all the glass shops on the northern beaches use 3m, has the best tack and clearness of the ones I’ve tried.

We use a yellow squegee to stop a little bit of overspray as we move along the rail. Don’t need to use much and still get a good tack

yep two pieces that overlap. uni directional.

Assuming that you mean something like this.

If you look closely you might be able to see the lap. Assuming one inch tape.

Overlap is on the bottom.

Marko Foam of course.

I think Agua made reference to how this was done in another thread.

White pigment and paint.

White pigment and paint.

Better… cheaper… cleaner options available.