Carbon fiber rods

Anyone tried using carbon fiber rods for rail stringers or other uses? They are pretty cheap.

http://www.arts-hobby.com/store/aboutitem.cfm?itemid=89&compid=1

You can buy carbon fiber rods? This past holiday, my son and I were hiding in the bushes at the 17th tee at the local golf course and had “procured” enough carbon fiber rods to make several long boards by the time the turkey had hit the table.

Actually - we’ve been thinking about adjustable shear?..hmmmm (based on an adjustable truss rod) “I think I need about an inch more tail rocker today, son.”

This was a funny (changed slightly for Swaylocks)…

Three friends die in a car accident on the way to the local surf spot and they go to an orientation in heaven. They are all asked, "When you are in your casket and friends and family are mourning you, what would you like to hear them say about you? The first guy says, "I would like to hear them say that I was the greatest shaper of my time, and a great family man."The second guy says, "I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and surf school instructor which made a huge difference for the generation of tomorrows new surfers."The last guy replies, “I would like to hear them say … Look, He’s Moving!”

Sorry, headhigh…