cardBOARD

HI there :slight_smile:

I want to make a board out of cardboard.

I;ve looked at sheldrakes stuff and i dont have the computer skills or brain power to make the hexagonal core.

has anyone made a board out of cardboard with just vertical and horizontal slots? I haven’t really found much on here apart from the stuff sheldrake has made.   i can make all of these using templates printed from AKU.

Just want to see what other people have made , or havent as the case may be .

Cheers, Sam

As much as I respect Bill (which is a lot), I would say go for it. If it blows up, at least you learned what NOT to do. If it works but it’s crap, refine it or use another material. And take pics and then post them here.

[quote="$1"]

There's a build thread I've forgotten the title of, where a member makes a board with Pizza boxes...classic!

JD

[/quote]

And there was a papier mache surfboard talked about at one point.

as much as I love pizza i dont think my body could handle the amount needed to build a board. and the cost of take away pizza in the UK is threw the roof, i could probally buy a new board.

paper mache sound like very messy work :slight_smile:

Sam

Cheers for the encoragement. i just made the tail foot of rockerbed to build ontop of just to see if my method will work, going OK at the moment. ill get some pics up when I find my camera :slight_smile:

Sam

Haha, thanks for the advice Bill. But im still guna do it , then will probally realise it was a bad idea, i’d rather give it a go and find out than sit around wondering :slight_smile:

Sam

There's a build thread I've forgotten the title of, where a member makes a board with Pizza boxes...classic!

JD

I suppose the oiled inside made the fastest bottom. I want the formed sheet metal + heat gun and a few cases of ping pong balls surfboard. The first would probably be an egg.

DON'T