Chili Surfboards

I know this has been a topic of discussion previously, but I am not sure how to search or access that thread. One of our local shops is planning on flooding the Oregon Coast with these Oz/Thai boards so I thought I would read up on them. Ironic because this shop claims to be the only shop that features Oregon Shapers. So much appreciated if someone can dig up that thread or a link… Lowel

C H I L L I SURFBOARDS…Spelled with two L’s. It popped up on GOOGLE for me.

Yeah I found it Google wise. Was especially wondering what had been said around here. Looks like they are out to flood the U.S. market with Thai boards. I’m not believing that they can manufacture a container full of boards in NSW Aus. Ship to the U.S. And sell boards cheaper than Lost,Rusty or CI. Got to be Chinese or Thai. Shop owners are the problem not Domestic shapers. Lowel

And those boards have way too much concave in the worst way. Average surfers suffer.

its a sad state of affairs.
i spoke to a guy in a shop in byron bay, it was a CHILLI concept shop. all thai boards from the cobra factory.

i was asking questions cause i was curious. if i wanted to get 100 boards done in eps epoxy with two strips of carbon. 300 dollars each…

and then they sell them for 700… and they get way more than 100 at a time so they get em cheaper.

HS
JS hiphi models
and heaps more popping out of the same factory…

Another knife to this biz.
Tons of an popped up around here in so-cal
One of the big I did try reps jumped from lost (I believe) to Chilli.

http://surfboardagency.com/technology/

This is where they all come from, which I think is cobra. Mostly an australian problem with all the big brands using there service, I like the way Matt Biolos is doing things where he creates business within local surf communities building his boards in places like New Zealand etc where you cut out import fees and have local guys do the work

Had my suspicions. You’ve all confirmed them. For or five locals have boards in this particular shop. I’ll be letting them know.

Wow, Zack. Thanks for the link. I generally avoid these global economy debates, but it’s pretty startling to see it laid out so plainly.

Lost moved a lot of stuff to Vietnam, stuff coming to the US anyways

CI uses a similar set up. In Hawaii and Aus. Makes sense and saves on shipping. And it employs people who are involved. The Thailand and Chinese deals areonly concerned with $$$$.

It’s all licensing. 35.00 or more per set of lams. thousands in revenue a month for never touching a product and zero responsibilities.

They seem to be pushing epoxy “resign” quite hard.

some new g-14 classified technology I’m no aware of?

Hey wide awake I,m in SLO picking up that Dragon Skin. Made a stop at Cheap thrills too. Lowel

Glad it worked out.

He have enough to keep you stocked for a while?

Plenty for me and Terry. At our age we’ll probably put the left overs in our wills.