Chuck Vinson Repair?

Hey I was just gifted on old Chuck Vinson 9’0. Board is in solid shape minus the nose issue. I’d love to get this thing back in the water. It doesn’t need to be pretty.

Nose issue: So few inches back the stringer has a pretty big crack in it. The foam surrounding it has has a similar crack across the board. Moisture over the years has made its way up the deck and there is bit of delam. I’m not sure what the best plan of action is. Simplest would be to to just cut in a new nose behind the problem area. I only know that Chuck was a local legend around here in Santa Cruz. Would I be crazy for doing this? If I was to try to keep the original nose shape how would you go about it? Thanks in advance.

Here are the photos

Your written description and the photos tell two very different stories. The pics reveal major damage. No way to salvage what’s there. The board would not be very valuable even if it was near mint. Cut the nose off and rebuild. If you don’t have good repair skills pay someone to do it. I would not spend a lot on it. It could be rehabbed into a useable board, but it has no dollar value among collectors.

Chuck was a friend and master craftsman. He would probably tell you to trash it. But then again, he might say reshape it into a blunt nose and ride it until it won’t go anymore…

Thanks for The info! Honestly relieved to just chop the nose.