Clean Tint and laps question

I’m a pretty competent at doing clear free lap glass jobs with volan patches, but now im trying to branch out more into doing some tints. What I’d like to do on this board (a beautiful shape by Rory Cornelius aka “Roar” @logshaper ) is have a clear bottom with a burgundy tinted top wrapped around the rails like in the pic. I know the tint is unforgiving to any imperfections / uneven spots in the foam. When I glassed the bottom I free lapped it. I always prime my laps, which is painting sanding resin over them and flushing it out with a sander. But I think maybe I should have done a cut lap instead now after the fact if I had planned on tinting the deck. I think this flushed out lap might become visible in the tint. What do you guys think?

Yup. Unless you go opaque AF. You are gonna see all that.
Because the color will saturate the foam that’s exposed but not what’s covered in resin and cloth.

dang… I think I should have tinted the deck first then clear lam on the bottom. Looks like im gonna do another clear board. I have a really nice redwood stringer, would be a waste to do a dark opaque and cover that up.

You can do a reverse lam if you want no change in color.
Or cutlap the bottom and you will have a darker deck inlay than the rails.

Yes it will. No doubt. Unless you opaque. It’s always a shame to cover up nice wood. If it has nice color and you put tint over it, the wood color goes dark and the grain and highlights, natural wood beauty etc. diminish. The nicest tints over wood though are usually yellows and greens. I was just looking at the board I ride the other nite and thinking how nice the Basswood looks under the yellow tint.