Comparing Apples to Oranges and Blueberries to Limes

Wow Stingray, keep the stoke coming. Really like the apple one. The colors are real vivid, something to aspire too.

When are you going to get those puppies wet?  Would love a ride report. 

If you will get a shot of you riding two of those boards with one foot on each heading straight in, I will have a 6 pack of your favorite adult carbonated beverage delivered to your door. And I’ll want a picture of that two. I could not be much more  serious.   

All of these are beautiful,  apple one is incredible…,.

Very
nice work.  The Apple looks like it has some concave running between the Fins.  Mind expanding on some of the Bottom contours on that collection of boards?

Very
nice work.  The Apple looks like it has some concave running between the Fins.  Mind expanding on some of the Bottom contours on that collection of boards?

Really nice work, Ray.

So which one is being given away at the board swap out at plaskett?

I’d rather talk about surforms…and how cool they are, but I guess this will have to keep me busy until more of that happens.

I don’t know…I kind of like the orange one.  I like how the fishnet stockings are being pulled down from the top.  How heavy are they?

I haven’t been on Sway’s in a while and I gotta say you really did some fine work S’Ray. Really great outlines. Right up my alley.

The Apple is built for speed. They are all very well done. Onya.

Nice to see.

This batch of surfboards was built using US blanks polyurathane foam and Resin Research epoxy resin. The resin tints all came from Fiberglass Hawaii’s Ventura store. The red surfboard has a small amount of red pigment added to the tint to darken it up a little. The bottoms are full single concave going all the way out the tail. Not because I have the slightest clue about concave but because my friend Captian Surf did a thread about it and I took the bait. Poly blank with epoxy resin might not be the best idea. The green board is totally distorted along the stringer after sitting in the car too long during a heat wave. It has golf ball dents too from the heat. Maybe thats why I love it so much ! The gloss is ghetto gloss…ha,ha…floor finish from Lowe’s.

Great looking boards Ray, I can’t decide whether the orange or the apple is my favourite.

Not sure about the watermelon between them in the first couple of photos though…:wink:

Looking good! Agreed fully on colors…

Answer the question bioch, I don’t care about were you bought your tint, or that you used epoxy…which one you giving away at Plaskett?

Nice ray! I would probably end up just looking at a quiver like that if I built it… I have a problem as surfing nice boards.

This one is for Plaskett Creek…But my boards are too heavy for Resinhead

I like the green one on the end. Might be the photo but the rails look a bit thinner.  All are bitchen boards, tho. But, I’m wondering how you keep your lawn green during the worst drought in history. Foam dust fertilizer?  Mike

They look great, nice clean job there.

Can you elaborate a bit on the lay-up of the carbon mesh, was it difficult to work with? Seems like the industry is heading that way and i was thinking about having a go with it for my next build.

Also great job with the colours - it looks like you got just the right mix.

resinhead likes that wood thing surfamabord

so you just built a bunch of surfboards to look at… or are you starting a shop…or do you have as much free time as some others we know and have enough time to crank out 4 surfboards at a time…So what gives,  what size surform did you use and how old was the blade. I like the old blades if I can find them.  My favorite surform is the 21390-27 LB/ Stanley surform with granite handle.  I just like the feel of it the best.  What kind of sizzors did you use to cut the fiberglass?

The Two Surforms and the Two block planes are from Home Depot…I sharpen the blades myself…The spoke shave was a gift from a guy that does not post here anymore…He’s dead now so he can’t post… the outline for the Blueberry also came from the dead guy…Ben Shipman RIP…if you search deep you will find some amazing stuff from Ben…look in photo archives…the guy opened my eyes and opened quite a few doors for me…

The stuff referred to as “carbon mesh” is not carbon or carbon fibre. It is Vector Net ! My supplier tells me that the stuff is black Kevlar held in place with nylon threads. It’s not hard to work with. I’m a Low Tech guy.The stuff you see in this thread is all hand lay up. You might want to sharpen your sissors…If you want mo / betta info you might need to talk to Aqua or Pico…I’m only working with Vector net because I think it looks “neat”. No stress test of flex studies…Ray