Comparing Apples to Oranges and Blueberries to Limes

I paid full price for a set of heavy duty sissors…and then I paid full price to have a professional sharpen the sissors. It does matter, and it’s worth the money. With proper care I’m sure the sissors will last for the rest of my life !!!

Hard to beleive you build such nice boards with the “crappy yella surform’s”

It’s all photo shopped. My new soft top is on layaway at Costco right now. Can’t decide if I want the 12 foot SUP or the 8-6 big wave board…I Rock My World !!!

Thin Skin Ray…get out of my way…Ha ha ha ha…

Loving this. 

The Big Banana is for a Swaylocks friend… It’s hard to belive that real people post on Swaylocks…and …maybe you can become real friends with real Swaylocks people…it takes time and effort…

It’s not some sort of gay dating thing. …You meet some people and you start building surfboards. Just hot coated the bottom…Stoked!!! 

… and I just made a deal with a dude for some old school toxic resin tints…

Oh yeah !..all on Swaylocks.com…Led Zepplin today…bring on the toxic waste

nice colours Ray !

tints , and some sprays , too ?

"It’s not some sort of gay dating thing. …You meet some people and you start building surfboards. Just hot coated the bottom…Stoked!!!

… dangnabbit !

You mean I been wasting my time here for the last ten years ???

But , I’m glad you hot coated the BOTTOM , Ray …everyone LOVES  a good smooth BOTTOM , eh ?!   :wink:

… please let us know how you like the hockey stick takayamas , eh , Ray ??

smooth bottom curves are nice…oh yeah… GT fins were a gift…gotta try them out…

cool

I LOVED my hockey stick fins !

MORE to come …

that yellow is SENSATIONAL ,  too , Ray … was it a spray ?!

It’s not a gay dating thing?  All these years and I learn I’m on the wrong website… Now I know where to send my sureforms for sharpening. Mike

7’1" x 20.5" x 2 7/8" for the Fiji trip and Big Sur Swap. Shaped by me, glassed at the low tech lab

sexy!

NIce Ray.  I like that you’re experimenting with the new materials.  Your stuff is looking better and better.

Thanks everyone! It’s all about surfing and having fun. I just noticed that CaptSurf’s board is the same color as the surform handle…We have to laugh at all our mistakes !!!   The photos hide so many flaws…and…I don’t plan on posting all the re-work that went into the Orange board… Rode the Red board as a Tri…went well…Keith has some old school purple tint for me…thinking about a Purple Haze longboard with a full deck cloth inlay…maybe in 2015…also thinking about starting another “let’s make a deal” thread… I have a metal shaping stand and some shortboard blanks I need to get rid of…

Stingray

Love the green one 

I love all you people…I have a big ego and I’m bumping my thread in honor of someone who lives east of Texas…Ha Ha Ha…yeah baby…

Go surfing , have fun . build surfboards…Stingray… , self taught  , use the search function , build Rad Boards !!!    It’s insane where I started and where I am now… Talk is cheap…get your ass out into the workshop and build something…ready, set, go!

One more before I head up the coast to Big Sur. This one was made from a US Blanks 9’9"B. First time with a full fabric inlay. Got tired of sanding so stopped at 120 and clear coated. This board has no concave and no sharp edges. Might go back later and re-sand and add a pin line because the cuts are off. Might add side bites too for bigger days…might just ride it until it dies a slow death !!!

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/SAM_2059%20(2).JPG

what are the dims on that one Ray?

9’4" x 23 x 3…50/50 rails…rolled bottom to vee out the back…I find the standard 2+1 D rail single to double concave long board to be too stiff…

I like 'mm to be more playful…for surfing not so much for tip time…I call side bites on a longboard “training wheels”