Completely OFF TOPIC internet disagreement.

Quote:

Isn’t this a, “Design Forum”? CarveNalu, relax. Thin skin, to be sure.

Hehe! Yes, you are right… This is a design forum. Thin skin? Lets see kaalualu. You must be from Hawaii yes? You grew up here yes? You know how we are yes? Soooo when someone says to you, “Brah. Hows about you give me something?” You of all people should know that is one of the most rude, dis-respectful ways to ask for something… BTW, I tried to keep those who want design stuff out by using Off Topic. Oh yeah, Kaalualu is such an Awesome place!!!

EH GIVE UM CRACKS! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

My point exactly, just another one, what’s new? Banging heads, no need.

Wow. Somebody lock this thread. Why the hell did you post this to a public forum? -Carl

Hey Carve,

After reading this thread I was thinking next time I go to the Islands I better keep my mouth shut tight or take some Hawaiian etiquette lessons!

One of my best friends lived for about four years on Maui. Two words- Maui Haole. He told me, “Don’t even try to talk pidgin!” He was a plumber, a happy go lucky kind of guy, makes friends really easily, not very educated and ended up leaving because a couple of locals at his work site gave him so much shit (verbal and physical) that he couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t figure that out. He’s so laid back… but he didn’t grow up there and doesn’t know anything about history. Maybe he forgot to say “please” once too often (he also grew up without any parental direction whatsoever, so is not known for social finesse). I don’t know. Makes me think of what Miki Dora said, “Too many hard feelings over there.”

So, Carve, mmmmm, if you please, are there any local etiquette schools or websites you could recommend, so we hapless mainlanders can visit the heart and soul of surfing without stepping on any toes? Mahalo.

You know I’m just kidding , yeah? Kind of…

Quote:

My point exactly, just another one, what’s new?

My theory is this. By letting people come here and dictate what is acceptable and not, Hawaii becomes like where they come from wherever the heck that is… I for one am tired of people coming here with a rude attitude and thinking they can act like a dummy and hide behind lawyers etc. Remember back when you act up and you get cracks? Well, as barbaric as that is, it is a very good system. Rude people suck. I don’t get rude to anyone who doesn’t deserve it fully. But yeah, you’re right about just another one. Another rude guy that moved here from somewhere else… My question is how many “another ones” before we have to many? I’m over 40. I’m tired of all these another ones