Composite Surfboard - Gaps! Filling Them?

I’m tired from a hard (but fun) day of kite surfing. As well as all this crap…

For the record:

My response was pinpointedly directed at Outonawaves original post.

Where he’ said : “This didn’t go well, holding them on with tape while the glue set and I ended up with some gaps between the layers”…

At no time was I talking to anyone else here, and/or implying that their method was no good…  I was  simply offering a more secure method than masking tape, which can hardly be considered a “clamp” of any kind…

Don’t flatter yourself Paul, at no time did I bother to look at you blog…And I didn’t come up with my response to the original poster because of what’s in someone elses blog… I hope you don’t have a persecution complex…

.I truely feel that holding on stiff HD rails to a compound curved EPS core with tape is a hit or miss venture ,hence the words “lucky glue up”…Words that were meant for someone else, not you Paul…

Outonawave seemed to have bagged on the skins, I offered a cool way to do the rails at the same time with the same equipment…That’s all I see happening here,    but then I’ve  just had a good long, windy kiting session, so I frankly don’t  “give a rat’s ass”…

I will hopefully soon post a step by step photo build of how I attach my rails, for those interested… I assure you it’s a novel approach… I just need a new camera…

This thread is / was   NOT about me or anyone else that   may or may not    like or diss like me…  I’m sorry to all those who had to endure this “useless banter”…

Paul . I accept your appology… Please accept mine…

I don’t want these post to be about me or about me defending myself and offending others… It’sNOT why I’m here… Lately I’ve just wanted to quit writing altogether ,but I love this hobby so damn much…

mate i just held out a white flag to you

it stands

maybe you should have a look at my blog it was the combined effort of just about everyone at compsand.com. the build method i posted was based on information from all over the place . at least 50 very smart people gave me information that helped me put it together. the main one being sabs who no one doubts is very very clever. he was building boards just like bert before bert posted. i dont claim this stuff as mine.

sweet we can be cool then . i never want to claim this stuff as mine. im just presenting information i have gathered. with a few clever bits from me lol

Thanks for the encouragement gdaddy… I must rub some people the wrong way, counter clockwise perhaps ;) 

We’ll have to start a new thread though…  Maybe something like : Building sandwich strong, while trying to stay light and flexible … My personal  “Holly Grail”

Send me a PM if you like, I like talking shop, and answering specific questions…

I learn something new and interesting here everyday, and for that I’m truely thankfull…

I noticed that the board was made with high density foam and 12 oz glass. That’s going to be pretty damn bullet proof when you done. 

I say spackle the gaps and move on to the glassing ASAP. In the future, I’d only use 4 oz, or 2 oz glass or no glass under the high density foam. A wide pin line will cover the rail joint.