Consider these dimensions...

Wat you all think of thesedimensions for to build a classic noserider" 10’6" long 2 inch balsa stringer 4 inch tail rocker 5 inch nose rocker 20 inch wide nose 17 inch tail 24.5 inches wide 3.5 inches thick Modified down rails in the tail and classic rails in the nose and middle. If i go with this what foam & glass options do you think? Would this be too much of a log for 190lb surfer in a variety of conditions or good for that old school soul. What limitations could i expect here with a board this big (aside from dragging it around with me)?

Checkout the board page under,“Wayne’s rasta log”…number 9…I believe,Herb.

Wat you all think of thesedimensions for to build a classic > noserider">>> 10’6" long 2 inch balsa stringer 4 inch tail rocker 5 inch nose > rocker 20 inch wide nose 17 inch tail 24.5 inches wide 3.5 inches thick>>> Modified down rails in the tail and classic rails in the nose and middle.>>> If i go with this what foam & glass options do you think?>>> Would this be too much of a log for 190lb surfer in a variety of > conditions or good for that old school soul. What limitations could i > expect here with a board this big (aside from dragging it around with me)? I am your size and a very adept noserider. In my opinion I would shorten to a 10’2 so you can use a 10’1Y blank which already has 5" noserocker and pull in nose to 19", center to 23.5", tail to 16" and make tail rails 50/50 to up/max your tail rocker(with rolled vee bottom/tail only). Otherwise forget about critical turns. Heavy is good, Volan gives the look, ‘Classic’ weight foam, keep a center 10.5 finbox cause a good fin is different in different conditions. Anything else?

Thanks. I’m building my first board, so this will help. I have one other question. Do you believe in building in the concave under the nose w/ the above dimensions? If so, is this sanded out of the blank by “feel” or measured somehow? Thanks again. I am your size and a very adept noserider. In my opinion I would shorten > to a 10’2 so you can use a 10’1Y blank which already has 5" > noserocker and pull in nose to 19", center to 23.5", tail to > 16" and make tail rails 50/50 to up/max your tail rocker(with rolled > vee bottom/tail only). Otherwise forget about critical turns. Heavy is > good, Volan gives the look, ‘Classic’ weight foam, keep a center 10.5 > finbox cause a good fin is different in different conditions. Anything > else?

Do you believe in building in the concave under the nose w/ the above > dimensions? If so, is this sanded out of the blank by “feel” or > measured somehow?>>> Thanks again.>>> I am your size and a very adept noserider. In my opinion I would shorten FIRST FLATTEN THE BOTTOM NOSE AREA TILL YOU FEEL ITS RIGHT, USING A YARDSTICK TO CHECK FLATNESS FROM SIDE TO SIDE. NOW REMOVE SOME CENTER STRINGER MATERIAL(APPROX. 2’ BUT START 3" BACK FROM NOSE!) WITH WHATEVER YOU GOT(HAND PLANER, SUREFORM, WHATEVER). NOW USING A SMALL SUREFORM AND HARDFOAM BACKED SANDING SCREEN IN A CIRCULAR MOTION REMOVE SOME FOAM AROUND ‘CONCAVED’ STRINGER AREA, UTILIZE YARDSTICK ACROSS BOARD TO CHECK CONTOURES. EASY DOES IT, NO NEED TO GOUGE OUT A SOUP BOWL UP THERE, MAYBE HALF AN INCH DIP CONTOURED TO CENTER. HAVE FUN…