Correct order to lay glass?

What is the best way to layer fiber glass if you are using different weights. Such as a 4x6 deck. Would you put the 4 first with the 6 on top or the other way around? How about when you get into three layers or using patches? i.e. 6x4x6 or a tail patch… does the patch get put down first? Thanks, Mike

What is the best way to layer fiber glass if you are using different > weights. Such as a 4x6 deck. Would you put the 4 first with the 6 on top > or the other way around? How about when you get into three layers or using > patches? i.e. 6x4x6 or a tail patch… does the patch get put down first? > Thanks, Mike 4 oz. first then 6 oz, I put tail patches on top. Aloha, Kokua

if putting in a fabric inlay…would it go in between the 2 deck layers? or on top of the foam?

if putting in a fabric inlay…would it go in between the 2 deck layers? > or on top of the foam? Fabric inlays go on the foam, check the archives, there’s alot of info there.Aloha, Kokua

4 oz. first then 6 oz, I put tail patches on top. Aloha, Kokua Is there any particular reason for going 4oz first, 6oz second? Thanks, Graham

You want the stronger glass (6oz) to wrap around the rail for more tubelar strength. The first layer of glass doesn’t wrap the rail.Aloha, Kokua

if doing a tinted lam, deck and bottom…must the laps be cut the same? particularly when lam’ing the deck???

if doing a tinted lam, deck and bottom…must the laps be cut the same? > particularly when lam’ing the deck??? I suggest checking the archives,there’s lots of onfo on working with tints. Aloha,Kokua