cost of fuel

hi , i know its not surfboard related but we all use gas/diesel to get to the beach , i see in america gas is somewhere around $4 dollars a gallon . the us gallon is smaller than the uk gallon , a quick conversion to bring it to cost per litre and it comes out at about 63 pence per litre at the current exchange rate ,

i just filled up last night here in the uk , £1.43 per litre for diesel ,thats about 2  1/4 times what petrol is in the states , our economy is struggling ,imagine what the states economy would be like if you paid what we pay for fuel , pete

its really cheap in venezuela. we pay the same figure but in nz dollars so half the price. but diesel owners do not pay tax at the pump they pay it quarterly by mileage… aT the price you are paying homemade bio diesel shud be about half the price.

Diesel in Ireland is around 1.50-1.55 euro. Petrol is 1.60 and up.

Keep them tyres topped up (run mine on 40psi FRONT and 35psi REAR) dont use the brakes if un-nessesary and coast in gear.

On the plus side, these days a 3L twin-turbo engined cars go for pennies (well...cents).

Might be time to buy one of those VW TDI Wagons Something that will get about 40 miles per gallon. 

[quote="$1"]

Might be time to buy one of those VW TDI Wagons Something that will get about 40 miles per gallon. 

[/quote]

Funny you should mention that...thats EXACTLY how I roll.

Although I get about 37MPG....and sometimes 35MPG when the surf is good.