Could not sleep so had to make a stinger 2+1

I  flipped a longboard tail for a the nose and blended with a big boy swallow tail. Insomniac shaping :slight_smile:

very groovy!

classic title… Nice board.

Beautiful board but I thought wings were supposed to start back by the forward most fin to help more on turns

70’s style Stingers ah la Ben Aipa were more forward on the rail in comparison to Wings or Bumps which tend to be closer to the fin/fins.  

It remnds me of Pat Ryan’s Kingfish. Very nice shape and tons of fun to ride. Great job!

Show us how to glass those stingers!  Pleaseee.  Ive never tried and am curious how its done.  

Ahem… *sting 

Ahhh yes.  Excuse me.  Sting!  Thanks for posting that pic.  That is very cool!

Hahah. 

Ps. I was only joshin with ya

I kinda cheat as I do with channel bottoms by basting a little lam resin in tight areas and do a flash cure before I lay out the bottom lam.  It helps me to get the dry cloth to stick a little better when I wrap and lay in the channel. 

Depending on how they are shaped, they can be done without any cuts at all. 

When I was down south learning how to use a planer with the king of the corny joke (terry senate) He showed me how Aipa taught him to glass em with no cuts. One of those you see it and it makes sense things. Kinda hard to explain. 

I still fined myself doing a cut on sharp ones. 

Curious to know the dimensions.

6’8 (From a 7’4 SP)

N17 (1.75 )

C 21.5 (2.75)

T 15.75 (1.95)

3.5 crack

3.25 tip to tip

Side fins 16.25 FCS II

10.25 Center Box Up 8.0 from tips

Thank you.

Is it kind of a V cut in the cloth where the sting is?  that is kinda what I am seeing in the pic you posted.