COULD YOU HELP ME OUT CI MSF G1..WHT SIZE??

IM IN THE MARKET FOR A RETRO SINGLE FIN AND IM LOOKIN AT THE CI MSF G1'S....IM 56, 170LBS, 5'7" IN TALL.. BEEN SURFN SOME 40+YEARS.....MYBOARDS  I PRESENTLY RIDE ARE A 6-10 X22 X3 KEEL FIN KG, AND A  7-3X22X2.75 RUSTY MOBY FISH QUADIN BIGGER WAVES....IM TORN BETWEEN THE 70 MSF AT 21.5W AND 3 1/8 THICK, OR THE 6-9 X21X3.....I HAPPENED TO SEE A 6-1 AND I TURNED INTO THE STAPLES COMMERCIAL GUY : "WWOW, NOW THATS A THICK BOARD"..LOL.IM LOOKIN TO RIDE IT IN THE WAIST TO SHOULDER HI RANGE.....ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO SIZE I SHOULD GET??THANKS FOR THE HELP

The 6'9" is 20" wide but the 7'0" is 22.5"?  Sure about that?

The CI website lists the 6'9" at 21 wide and the 7 at 21 1/2 wide.

Been eyeing these boards myself, but I'll probably just try to make a 6'6".

MY BAD....YOURE RIGHT...THE 6-9 IS 21W X 3 THICK AND THE 7-0 IS 21.5 X 3 1/8 TH....THE 6-1 I SAW WAS WICKED THICK  ...IM TOLD THATS BECAUSE THE THICKNESS IS CARRIED RIGHT TO THE RAILS OF THE BOARD.....MY 6-10 TWIN IS 3IN....IN THE CENTER AND THE RAILS ARE THINNER...THE DECK IS SOMEWHAT DOMED...THE TAIL ON MY TWIN IS 16 3/4 W.....AND THE BOARD PADDLES AND FLOATS GREAT.....THATS WHY IM THINK,IN THE 6-9 MSF WOULD HAVE JUST AS MUCH FLOATAND PADDLE IF NOT MORE, SINCE THE THICKNESS IS CARRIED TO THE RAILS OF THE BOARD....????AM I CORRECT IN ASSUMING THIS???

I think CI publishes volume numbers for their boards.  If you can figure volume on your other one, you'd be able to tell for sure.  Otherwise it's just such an inexact science.  I have a Pavel Speed Dialer that hides a ton of foam, even though the rails aren't full.  There's a LOT of foam in from the rails, and then a concaved deck that removes thickness from the stringer area.  So as you said, volume distribution is the issue. 

Rocker and bottom contours are another issue too, as they will affect paddling even in two boards of otherwise equal volume.

the pavel you have sounds sweet......i understand volume being an ex windsurfer for years......ill check their website again.......i just found out the board has been discontinured and the only way to get one from ci is to order "custom".their in stock listing only shows 2 7-0's....otherewise its custom........i called they said 3-4 months for the board...im used to 4- 8 weeks......3-4 months??thats insane..they cant be tht busy........beacuse of this im starting to look somewhere else...im wondering if this all stared when burton got involved...it shouldnt take that long to make the board...especially if its made on a machine initially...????i think ill start lookin somewhere else....thanks for the input....

where are you ?

i know a few places in Socal that have 2-3 week waits .

if you do go custom from CI , request a moonlight glass job !!!

im in the northeast, in rhode island....i got this info from one of their shop employees....if you know where and how i could get it faster please let me know....

Would you consider buying used?  I see these come up *very* frequently on Craigslist, Surfermag.com, etc.  Kind of worries me, to be honest - I'm not sure why folks don't seem to be hanging on to them.