Cracked Foam

Wanted to fine tune my blank some more before I went ahead with glassing. I noticed the foam became cracked. Not sure what the cause was but I am wondering if there is a fix for this. Or will I just have to shave the nose down so there is no crack left? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Spread the crack apart and glue back together as best you can. Let glue set. Proceed onward.

As tblank said; Spread it, glue and wrap with lots of tape or a tightly pulled bicycle inner tube strip. Let it dry 24 hrs. It will go away with shaping. Is that a US Blank “red”???

I would just fill it with a resin and thickener slurry and move on, not the kind of thing I lose sleep over. Maybe its worse than it looks in the pics?

Don’t neglect to grab a small plane and take that stringer down a bit before glassing.

Might also be worth noting that if this is a finished shape, but there is still red on the nose from the indication of the foam density by the blank maker, this would mean you have not even gotten below the skin of the blank. Might need a little more fine tuning than you are thinking.

Back to my last question; Is that a US Blanks “Red”? Pretty poor glue up whoever it is. That kind of stuff shouldn’t be happening these days.

Fill with light weight Spackle and move on. I would not chase the crack. That crack has bo bearing on the board’s strength once the board is glassed. Cosmetic only. Just make it disappear.

Trying to inner tube on that tight of curve is next to impossible.
But if you use some 50# grit double folded so grit is on the inside and outside it will grip to the foam and not let the inner tube slip.
It might take a couple tries, but you’ll get it.
My suggestion, Gorilla glue with white pigment mixed in it, I use it everyday

I did that to the tail of the last board I did. I pretty much dripped some resin in there while I glassed and forgot about it. it’s totally fine and hasn’t caused any issues. I actually forgot about it until now since I read this thread. Mine was even near the finbox and there’s no issues with it.