custom fins

hi

anyone out there still fabricating custom fins?  in the mood for some new and id like to see whats out there. looking for some twins in wood…

thanks…

https://www.swaylocks.com/surfshop/65169

I have ordered over 15 pairs of fins from the man.fast and inexpensive,cheap shipping

*has cool mini replica boards on his Facebook worth a peep too

Tom--  Thank you I had forgotten about him.   Lowel

My pleasure Lowel

Here’s a sample from my collection 

Man!  Nice looking boards Tom.

Thanks MC Ding , I learned 95% of my knowledge on sways thanks to OG dogs like yoursel!! Wish I could take credit on the fins but don’t have have the tools and time (skills) 

I’m gonna have to pick up a few from him(tailblocks too).  Reasonably priced and good work.  There’s a guy in San Clemente that comes around Senates and Bashams who does tailblocks.  For fins I’ve been doing three piece Sanderly ply with a couple of layers of six oz. on the flat side cut 1/4" larger to form a bead.  Easy to foil.  Tailblocks are usually just Walnut or Cherry purchased at Home Depot.  They sell short lengths.  Lots of Mrytle Wood up here.  Stopped by a Myrtlewood factory in Tillamook and picked up some scrap that I used for longboard tailblocks. Myrtlewood comes alive under cloth and resin.  Problem with it is that a lot of it is random burl and hasn’t been resawn. No straight or flat side.  So you need at least a table saw, maybe a Joiner and or Thickness Planer to mill rough pieces.  Been trying to con a 4x8 sheet of Red High Density Foam from a local boat repair guy.  But he’s a 75 year old “Hoarder” and thinks he might need those 20 sheets for some future project.  Probably take it with him.