Cut off the side fins on my Takayama

I have a few Hawaiian Pro Boards and I am occasionally frustrated by the glass on side fins.

They are beautiful, with nice colors and cloth inlays, but sometimes I wish I could cut those things off. Travel and surfing might be easier. Any others out there have similar frustrations?

I am particularly interested on taking the side fins off of my “In the Pink.” I’m thinking it will surf more like the true noserider it was meant to be. Tighter, more pocket-oriented noserides in small, waist-chest high type surf. Any thoughts?

Donald makes nice boards, but boy, it would be nice to be able to remove those side fins.

Quote:

I have a few Hawaiian Pro Boards and I am occasionally frustrated by the glass on side fins.

They are beautiful, with nice colors and cloth inlays, but sometimes I wish I could cut those things off. Travel and surfing might be easier. Any others out there have similar frustrations?

I am particularly interested on taking the side fins off of my “In the Pink.” I’m thinking it will surf more like the true noserider it was meant to be. Tighter, more pocket-oriented noserides in small, waist-chest high type surf. Any thoughts?

Donald makes nice boards, but boy, it would be nice to be able to remove those side fins.

Its not that hard. Using a dremel tool you can cut the base of the fin and it should snap off cleanly without damaging the glass underneath. Then sand flush and rehotcoat and sand. Sort of a pain but if thats what you really want…