DanO Surfboards

Does anyone have any experience with DanO surfboards? I’ve been to their website, but it doesn’t mention if they have any retailers in SoCal.

Thanks

I’ve seen a few nice longboards by them at The Froghouse in Newport. Haven’t been there in a while though.

I was out at Blackies yesterday and there were at least a dozen 15 year olds with the exact same Dano boards in different colors. I would mock them for their lack of individuality, but I have to admit they shredded them. A friend of mine was said that they were really low end boards, but I never would have guessed it by the way that they surfed them.

Good boards. I haven’t come across one I didn’t like. -Carl

dano rips too.

the boards always look sick to me. find their number and call them up.

I surf with Dano from time to time,he’s a great guy,and surf’s as well as he is great …He also knows his way around a shaping/glassing room,and makes some nice stuff.Herb

Thanks for the info.

I’ve done a google search and some Japanese websites pop up that have some really nice DanO boards, but I was curious about their quality becuase I almost never see any out in the water.

Go out at blackies on a weekend with a descent little west swell and you can see 50+. No lie!

Dan-O makes a number of styles, the funboards are really good. The people I know went directly to him for their boards. I don’t think he’s into a production thing, so you won’t see his boards in non-local shops. Getting him on the phone can be difficult also I’m told.

dano only makes good boards for his friends and team riders!

Quote:

dano only makes good boards for his friends and team riders!

I’m going to guess and say that you don’t even know what a good board is.

actually i do. i ride a bing noserider-2 model shaped by matt calvani. all you are paying for is the paint job and glass job! bings and danos are about the same price, so go with a bing. maybe even a hobie.

Aquafiend is correct. On any decent day at Blackies, half the boards in the water will be Dano boards. Dano will probably be there as well if you are early. He is a cool guy and makes nice boards.

Quote:

actually i do. i ride a bing noserider-2 model shaped by matt calvani. all you are paying for is the paint job and glass job! bings and danos are about the same price, so go with a bing. maybe even a hobie.

Typical grom regurgitating what you’ve heard from others…

Dano shapes great boards and is a great guy, regardless of what you (or I) think of his groupies, prices, etc.

Dano is a good shaper/surfer and makes an outstanding longboard.

Buy one direct from him and you will have a great experience. He is a straight up guy.

Contact him at: PURE GLASS in COSTA MESA, CA

whatever you think, i bet your not so good at surfing anyway, probally one of those foam board newbs who i mow over!

Quote:

whatever you think, i bet your not so good at surfing anyway, probally one of those foam board newbs who i mow over!

Sorry little Willy, but out in the water you’ll have to settle for my scraps.

gotta love a shaper who is super stoked and surfs everyday…i highly recommend him!

I would say i have to agree with will101, dano primarily shapes good boards for himself and jared

Quote:

I would say i have to agree with will101, dano primarily shapes good boards for himself and jared

im gann go out on a limb and say your an idot

and i completly diassagree

ill i have ever ridden is danos(ive owned about 6) and ridden around 30

and the quality has alwas been outstanding

his boards have a super sick feel to them

a livleyness

ive tried a few bings and a chris chirstionson or 2 and they had a kind of dead feeling to them they dont kive when you need them to

the only other shapers in my oppinion that are better than dano are Donald tak and maybey Tyler

ive had the pleasure of watching dano shape and he is a great shapper

so you might want to try a board out before you make up some rediculus statment about a guy youve never met and his boards