Decal screen printing paper

Hi, I’m hoping somebody can help with this. I have purchased a custom screen to screen print some logos on a surfboard which I’m making. What I can’t find is the right paper that I should be using. I understand I need to used acid free rice paper but I’m unsure of the weight that would be best suited. I have tried seabase in the uk, who advertise it on their website but unfortunately it is out of stock. Any help greatly appreciated. :+1:

1 Like

Don’t know weight. But “Sumi Art” paper is used for SB logo laminates. Believe it is actually mulberry paper.

Thanks for your help.

Hello, vyral surf in france has it for mail order.
A roll is like 5€

Cheers and good waves

Thanks Arlo, I did manage to get some of this delivered from seabase, but I believe it is for printers and not suitable for screen printing. :man_shrugging: Unfortunately viral surf don’t deliver to the uk. Thanks for you help. :+1:

Can you post pictures of the screens?
Cheers and good waves.

They haven’t arrived yet, I’m hoping sometime next week. I paid to have a company expose the image on the screen, I think the mesh count is 90t. I have found some sumi paper with a weight of 35gsm which I think may be ok, I will try this, and the printer paper. Thanks Arlo.

Hi, could I ask who you’re getting them from and how much they cost?

Hi, I ended up buying some fibreless mulberry paper at 18 gsm from eBay, 5 sheets for £6.85. I have yet to try it as I’m still waiting on the screen. Will try a test first, will let you know how I get on.

Hi, I meant where did you get your screens from? Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob, ahh, I bought the screen from Hunt the moon, they were good. Took 10 days to be delivered. I paid £67 for a pre exposed screen and a squeegee. That was with a 10% discount for first order. It arrived today, the paper I got seems right had to tape it to a normal sheet because it’s so thin but happy enough.

1 Like

Nice! That looks lovely and clear!