Deep Breath...here we go

Start paying for my new factory space 2/1/06. It’s a weird time to start such a venture, but it’s as close to perfect a situation as I’ll ever find on this rock, so I have to make it work. I’ve got a trickle of (non-Clark) PU/PE work, a growing epoxy account, and some ding repair and should have no trouble getting by until things improve, be it 6 or 18 months. Well see what happens.

Times of great peril are also times of great opportunity…

Best of luck mate…

hope it all turns out well for you.

Where abouts is your factory space?

Cheers

Ant

Eastern Oahu.

And I’m sure some of you ni’ele local guys have already correctly guessed where! If not and you like know, ask around-- you know the local surfboard industry has NO secrets! If all else fails, ask Ted Wilson he knows all, it seems.

No risk, never a gain…

Just be straight up, friendly, honest, and you’ll develop a local following. What you do from there is up to you.

I am opening my new surf shop the first week in Feb. myself. Second time around for me. I know how you feel. Follow your gut and don’t get caught up in hype and you will be fine. Be nice to all your customers and don’t worry about those that are not your customers, because they don’t put food on the table.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I am fortunate to have several very solid, trustworthy and generally nice shapers to work with in my fledgling business.