dilute mekp?

hey does anyone know how to dilute or wash out catalyst? i accidently dumped a whole bottle of the stuff in my shop which has wood floors i tryed dumping water on it but it still stinks so bad o f the stuff after two days . iam scared ill drop some resin on the the floor and start a fire.iam sure its not good to breath that stuff in either

Water & detergent then kitty litter?

I would think acetone then fabreeze

Scrub it and then let it dry. I’m assuming MEKP is solvent (peroxide) so it’ll probably evaporate anyway.

Quote:
hey does anyone know how to dilute or wash out catalyst? i accidently dumped a whole bottle of the stuff in my shop which has wood floors i tryed dumping water on it but it still stinks so bad o f the stuff after two days . iam scared ill drop some resin on the the floor and start a fire.iam sure its not good to breath that stuff in either

Stop shaving your back for a month and roll in it 'til it’s all soaked up?

That’s fine if your back hasn’t been waxed instead. People could be waiting for weeks for the regrowth before they can follow through on that one. Not to mention there could be splinters, static electricity and all sorts of other dangers. Terrible advice. Absolutely terrible.

I would be hesitant to use acetone.

Kitty litter would be preferable, then use

a plastic dust pan to scoop up.

The following is from a MEKP msds:

Spill or Leak Procedures[/url]

Eliminate all sources of ignition and ventilate area. Wearing protective equipment, stop spill at source, dam area and, if possible, pump liquid into salvage tank. Alternatively, absorb spill with vermiculate or sand. Dampen with water. Scoop up using non-sparking tools into clean polyethylene lined, labeled waste container. Do not allow contact with metal. Dispose of waste in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Seek advice from supplier. Reporting of spills/leaks may be required under EPA and Dangerous Goods regulations.

and caution for acetone:

Storage and Handling Procedures[/url]

DG Class 5.2 (Organic Peroxide). Keep MEKP in its original container. Keep in cool place away from flammables, strong oxidizing and reducing agents – in particular, any accelerators such as cobalt 6% or DMA. Avoid contact with all metallic materials.

Keep an eye on the flooring, it may begin to really bleach out and become friable,

especially if it is on the second floor.

good luck,

Pete

thanks . the smell is going away i just know how toxic that stuff is