Dimensions help

Hi, I am currently working on designing a single fin for really fast hollow hurricane surf, essentially being built for getting barreled. I am not that big weighing in at 5’9" and 145 lbs. after a large meal. I am able to hold my own in longboarding contests and I can do allright on my sub 6’ fishes too. Mainly I am just having trouble deciding where to put the wide point on the board. So far I have come up with making a 6’ rounded pin. I was thinking the width should be around 20 to 22 inches and the tail to be pretty thick and wide also. I am not really sure what to do about rocker either. I don’t tend to put lots of rocker in my boards but I have always heard that rocker was good for barrels. For rails, starting from the back and going up a third of the way i was going to make them rolled and then i was going to round them off for the rest of the board. I was thinking wide point about 2-3 inches forward from center but I don’t know if that would be good or not, as I tend not to surf hard on either foot but shift them around alot (longboarding background I guess). Any ways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

-Alex

P.S. I was thinking about making the board 2-2.5 inches thick for early entry(?) into the wave. I guess it would essentially be a single fin semi-gun.

The length is fine, so is thickness, but width is way excessive for any kind of steep waves, especially those with juice and power.

WP forwards more gives longer trimming board, and allows you to stand well forwards while still doing slight adjustments in attitude.

WP more back forces you to stand farther back, and the tail tips up, making it catch waves easier, but your trim is from farther back, making for a longer nose, which might or might not get in the way in the tube.

Overall you are fine, but go narrower, like 19" at the most.

Even narrower if your waves are fast and you surf light on your feet with strong banking turns.

Keep volume thru either flatter deck or thicker board at stringer, whichever you prefer.

ok, sounds good, thanks for the help.