DIY Shaping machine kit

Hi

We developed the world’s first DIY surfboard machine kit. Our modular system is simple, low maintenance and super accurate. It’s really cool because it was designed to be scalable, transforming when you need higher production. Our mission is to promote and support localized board building worldwide using technology. It also ships affordable on a 4’x2’x2’ pallet. It can be assembled within 5-7 hours depending on how handy you are. It runs on Shape 3d and PSD-3D software. My Dad is working with Shape 3D on a special simplified version for our K-47 system. I’m 14 and had it operational in 5 hours. If anyone wants more info dm me. visit www.liquidflightcnc.com (http://www.liquidflightcnc.com)

Thanks for letting me share this,
Ry

2 Likes

Hey Ry,

Really cool machine and that is awesome your dad is helping you out with this! Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this!

1 Like

Thanks,

It’s fun. I think we sold a few to jr. colleges. I was told your software may work with it? If so that would be cool. My machine can transform from liquid flight to my Dad’s bigger systems. It does more than just boards. I’m trying to win a scholarship for college. Thanks for checkin it out. let us know if your software works. We are working with Shape3D on a special liquid flight version to make things simple, the more options the better.

Cool stuff. Will your machine use Fusion 360?

I use Fusion in my human controls class. We use it for printing mostly. I’m sure it would work but not sure it would be as easy to use like S3D,/PSD or AKU. Those softwares are specific to milling boards. My role is to add laser cutting and an extruder to the options. I think fusion would be the call for the extruder. We make parts using fusion in my class but our printers kinda suck. My Dad is working with the school and may donate a system for us to use and work through the printer process. It would be super cool to print fins and fin boxes I think. I want to make winged keel fins for our Haipo boards.

Below, the design data/equations for my Coanda Channel were generated by me. The CAD shaping files were created (using Fusion 360) by a “gifted” Sways garage designer – when nobody else could. The design files could not be made with current/standard surfboard design software. Could not be shaped with standard “disk cutter” surfboard CNC shaping machines either.

That is cool. Was that made with a printer? I don’t have access to a printer that could extrude that. My Dad makes a board called Haipo. It’s a modern version of a Paipo board-super fun board. I ride them sometimes when waves kinda small, they fly. He blew out his hips years ago and uses it to get in the drink. We make them on our system. I think it could be potentially achievable with a bullnose-

IDK but that is cool. I found a pic of it on his IG

Nice shape there. Done with your machine?

No printing. Hull side of mine are CNC cut so far. But I did develop and patent a “3-Piece Blank” fabrication technology for hand shaping also.

I didn’t do the cutting. But I believe the bit was an End Mill type – with a specific shape that I wrote down somewhere. Hard angles are important for channel function. The cleanest cut has been made with a 1/2" bit and a specific channel cutting sequence. I hope to make a Finless (modified) Fish concept and a 42" twin Coanda Channel BB next.

That board was made on a precision shaper 8-X machine. I was told that it might be faster to cut the board with the standard cutter then knock in the angles by hand. The machines can do a whole lot- it depends if you want to change the bits out. Sometimes you can use multiple program codes to get what you like. The Kit machine has been making those boards to/ signs and parts- Its not designed to cut metal but acetal density it rips through like butter. I make led sign holders with it for my basketball team. I’m working on adding an affordable laser to cut wood and etch. One thing it can’t do yet is laser photo/etch. I’m trying to get my Dad to upgrade the controller but he kinda gets busy.

1 Like