do you go back to KMPX days..?

and Tom Donahue spinning early Cream, Janis, Jimmy, Quicksilver, Youngbloods, Warlocks, Sly, Moby Grape,Sons of Champlain, the Airplane, et al…Jack putting out first generation O’neil vests, Wardy surfboards sold by Al Giddings at the Bamboo Reef, HO made in Bolinas, AfroBro’s 20 strong pounding the beat on the Kelly seawall on summer evenings, the Family Dog, the Laughing Lady…

and the cast of characters…

KMPX?  I do go back to Cream, Hendrix, T Rex, Jefferson Airplane, et. al. 

But today I'd rather listen to Linkin Park, Matchbox 20, Breaking Benjamin, Shakira, the Fray, Blue October.

•Mandrake’s, The Jabberwock, Keystone Korner, Winterland, Avalon Ballroom, Fillmore West, Speedway Meadows, Altamont…

•KSAN…

•Kezar Stadium…

•XERB,
d’Mighty 1090! 50,000Watt Clear Channel, Rosarito, Baja
California!  “Dis d’Woofman, Bay-Bay! AWOOOOOOOO! You gone luv it
t’DEATH!”

•Pandora’s Box, Gazzari’s, The Whiskey A-Go-Go, The Ashgrove, The Golden Bear, The Cinnamon Cinder…

•KFWB, KRLA…

FYI  FOOTNOTE: Laughing Sal (former Playland resident) has been restored and now resides and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

The Midnight Diamond Mine. Remember the night a guy explained the Book of Urantia? By the way, there’s some really good Grateful Dead performances floating around on YouTube.There’s one of them doing a rendition of an Italian operatic piece - not unlike Finiculi Finicula, but way more obscure. Found it once but can’t find it again.

The Bay Area was a really great place to be growing up in back then.

Robert N. Marley mon, roots music all the way…

Scoop Nisker from KSAN said it best with his trademark -“if you don’t like this reality, go out and make some of your own”.

and so we did…one of a kind sub-tribe and bless em’ all

Yes I do.  Was sponsored by the H.O. shop in Bolinas back in 1966-1967.  I had a yellow tint 10’-0" snub and I loved that board.  Does anyone know more about the shop, boards and whatever happened to the H.O. guys?  

KMPX???  Oh man geeze, I would skip my classes at CSM while sitting in my car listing to the radio.

Thanks

XERB - HIGH - OVER LOS ANGELES

get the wolfman everywhere on a baja trip from the city…

kmpx-ksan nobody said fred neil yet so I gotta ,

and tim hardin doin’ it before it was holly wooded 

by bobby darin wishin’ he was a carpenter…

and yeah well tom donahue 's all night flight

with wing flap and sharon appatrment on cabin duty

when stewardesses were called stewardesses.

and the plane ticket to honolulu was less than $200.00

ksan and kmpx fm wrote the script for radio revolution

in the music for social change,and thank you Arlo Guthrie…

and I gotta say Kelly’s…cove…

…ambrose…

save is the new post

clik save.