Do you know this board?

Hi all, I just picked up a strange little twinny. It’s logo says Rich Parr Hawaiian Surfboards. It almost looks to be a twin to the little 5’ 8" Kennedy posted by Steve. It has double foiled fins in adjustable boxes (strange looking boxes). I haven’t measured it yet, but I’d guess it to be pretty similar to Steve’s. Any info on the shaper or board would be much appreciated. Thanks, Scott. p.s. I’ll post pictures as soon as I can.

Hi all, I just picked up a strange little twinny. It’s logo says Rich Parr > Hawaiian Surfboards. It almost looks to be a twin to the little 5’ 8" > Kennedy posted by Steve. It has double foiled fins in adjustable boxes > (strange looking boxes). I haven’t measured it yet, but I’d guess it to be > pretty similar to Steve’s. Any info on the shaper or board would be much > appreciated. Thanks, Scott. p.s. I’ll post pictures as soon as I can. To my best recollection, Rich Parr had a shop on Queen St. in Honolulu from 1969 to about 1973. He offered low priced stock and custom boards from $100 on up. Although he didnt say who shaped his boards, I think he had Rick Irons and maybe Harold Iggy ghost shaping for him. He closed his shop after getting into a scuffle with a drunk patron from a neighboring Korean bar one night where he shot the guy in self defense. From what I saw of him when visiting his shop, he was a really mellow guy, too bad he had to close under such unfortunate circumstances. Harold Iggy took over the shop under The Surfboard Shaping Co. label for a few years after that. I had the opportunity to ride a twin fin a long time ago, almost exactly like the one your describing and was really impressed with its ride. FD

To my best recollection, Rich Parr had a shop on Queen St. in Honolulu > from 1969 to about 1973. He offered low priced stock and custom boards > from $100 on up. Although he didnt say who shaped his boards, I think he > had Rick Irons and maybe Harold Iggy ghost shaping for him. He closed his > shop after getting into a scuffle with a drunk patron from a neighboring > Korean bar one night where he shot the guy in self defense. From what I > saw of him when visiting his shop, he was a really mellow guy, too bad he > had to close under such unfortunate circumstances. Harold Iggy took over > the shop under The Surfboard Shaping Co. label for a few years after that.>>> I had the opportunity to ride a twin fin a long time ago, almost exactly > like the one your describing and was really impressed with its ride.>>> FD I did some glassing for Rich Parr in 1972,don’t remember doing any Iggy boards but there were plenty of Rick Irons shapes.

Thanks guys. Kokua, if you glassed this one, you do really good work. I put a tape to it and it is 5’8" long, 14- 1/4" n, 19- 3/4 mid, 16- 1/4 tail and 3- 1/2" thick. WOW, what a stump! The fins are 4- 1/4" base and 7- 3/4" tall and look like plastic. The boxes have little plastic tabs that snap into slots in front of the fins and are 10" long. It has no leash plug. The thing is in really good shape, with only a few dings and one sorta loose box. Thanks again, Scott

1969 I moved to Kaneohe Hi from Anchorage Alaska, I was 11 years old and learned to surf at Wikiki off the rocks at the Sheraton. at the time it was called populars. My sisters boy friend was my friend and teacher my first board was a Rich Parr 6’10" swallow tail tangarine in color and so was my friends He lost his while surfing Diamond Head one day and he had to have a new board made which was a longer Rich Parr board for North Shore the bottom and rails were yellow and the top was purple water swirl ( keep in mind it was 1973) I thought it was the coolest board I had ever seen. It wasn’t to long after that we heard of the altercation at Rich Parr’s Surf Shop thur the news papers. 1974 I moved back to Alaska and took my board where it sat for 9 years in my room, 1983 I returned to my old surf stomps with my old friend we surfed and had the best time I had to return home and sold my board to rental shop in Wikiki ( god I wish I had not done that). I returned to surfing when I moved to souther California but always reflected on my time in Hawaii and my first board I’ve search the internet looking for Rich Parr boards but have found nothing the whole thing seems like it never happened living in Las Vegas now and really missing the waves.

New to the forum, from the West Coast of Canada. I picked up another old school board today, a Rich Parr 6’1…searching around, looking for info. My best guess, it’s a late 60’s, early 70’s board. RIck Irons name is in hand writing, under the logo too!! Any info would be great!!