Don't hide your keys while surfing

The worst part about buying an ‘new’ car is the hassle to make good keys for it.

It always takes me at least a day and end up costing a couple hundred dollars.

But once it’s done, then I have a key that opens the car and starts the car and comes surfing with me.

It’s tricky finding the correct transponder and a locksmith with the right electronig programming device, and the know-how to stick the transponder into the device in the correct orientation etc.

A bit of filing the metal and then a few layers of solar curing epoxy and fibreglass, and you have a functioning key.

Look, Prominity keys…take key out… throw Fob in car, lock car…wear key around neck or in wet suit or in trunks…no one is going to walk by and activate your Fob.  If you have a normal key do the same thing.  If you have a early 2000 car. with a switch blade key… time to buy a new car, its 20 years old.    

All you are trying to do is have the criminal go to the next car, not yours.   if you have something good in your car in plain sight then they will just throw a brick through your window…BOOM Ez, Lock your stuff in the trunk, hide your stuff in the tire spare compartment.     Question: You think the criminal care if the car is locked?  Answer: No.