double concave

Could someone please advise me how to shape in a double concave in longboard.Im a complete newbie at shaping but I have put together a blank from some 5ft scrap foam and glued in a stringer to get shaping practise.What I would like to know is how to shape in a double concave from tail to forward and also how to shape in a nose concave.Or for my first board should I just keep it simple.

I would be interested if someone was available in Western Australia who would have the charity to give me some tips on shaping if they have the time.If not I will just go for it myself .Thanks guys

Quote:

Could someone please advise me how to shape in a double concave in longboard.Im a complete newbie at shaping but I have put together a blank from some 5ft scrap foam and glued in a stringer to get shaping practise.What I would like to know is how to shape in a double concave from tail to forward and also how to shape in a nose concave.Or for my first board should I just keep it simple.

I would be interested if someone was available in Western Australia who would have the charity to give me some tips on shaping if they have the time.If not I will just go for it myself .Thanks guys

Easiest way is some soft foam and sanding screen by hand. Lay sanding screen on the foam and your foam pad on top and sand paralell to the stringer until you get the width/depth you want. Theres other ways to do it but when i first did it thats the simplest way.

i just use sandpaper. 40-grit will take off a lot of foam. then smooth it out with some 120. use it wrapped around a foam pad so that it’ll give a little.

Look at this tool: http://www.swaylocks.com/resources/detail_page.cgi?ID=560

I’ve made one for myself in less than an hour and it’s really easy to shape a good concave with it.

Good waves.