double splitable longboard feature

this thread is radical. Love it

Conditions in Portugal were not as good as expects, therefore I can’t give you an extensive ride report. The exosplit systems works fine, adds nearly zero flex to the boards and is really easy to handle. The Shapes works like expected, the smaller one I already know because it’s just an evolutionarily step.

Why the carbon/kevlar on the bottom? Two reasons: the bottom and rails for me are most important and therefor worth protecting parts of the board. And of course for cosmetically reasons ;-) 

here are some pics of latest build:

Stringer preparations:

exoplit system:

carbon-kevlar-bottom

ready to travel

ready to surf

Sell me an exospilt system.

I can make my own system but it’s a PITA. If you can provide a system already built, with the end of split of th eboard terminated with rubber and everything ready to go that would be something I’d like to buy for my boards

Andi, Ich liebe es.

I’ve built a few of these myself and am always intrigued with the ingenuity of others. Thanks so much for posting.

With my split boards, I have used nuts and bolts to secure and tighten the joint. How do you draw up the two pieces together with your carbon straps? I noticed also on your IG shortboard video that you did not split the board in the middle. Very smart. So you notice much movement between the two pieces on a longboard?

All the best

@jago25_98: I don’t have any parts on stock at the moment. But I’m planning do build some new parts until end of September. Please write me a pm for further details.

@greg: thank you for your compliments!
There is not much movement between the pieces and there is not much distortion in flex.
A friend (the one from the Eisbach video on IG) tried the parts now in larger indo-waves and was very happy. But only until the carbon bones crashed in a heavy wipeout. I think that had two reasons:

• the screws slightly unscrewed themselves and the joiners are not hold in the pockets hard enough
  • due to simplify the building process I used just straight roving and did not wrap the roving around the screw-hole anymore. Bad idea…

AndiHL wrote:" But only until the carbon bones crashed in a heavy wipeout."
That’s a feature! Boards will snap in a heavy wipeout, but this board can be put together again with a few spares from the board bag!

Built-in 'Sollbruchstelle". Brilliant!