double splitable longboard feature

building 2 splitable/collapsible xps-longboards in parallel: a 9’1 allrounder and a 9’5 performance noserider. both will be splitable with my new exosplit system.

hope to get the boards finalized this year to join the 2015 build contest.

blanks:

in shape:

fake-stringer preparation:

YUYYEEEEWWWWW!!!

Oooh nice, can’t wait for more pics of this build!

You must not called them fake stringer but effective stringer…

some new pics with glued up e-stringers (effective stringers aka fake stringers) and receptacle for my new exosplit system:

Great stuff!

I don’t know how your exosplit system works. But I’m thinking that it would be stronger if your inserts would go below your e-stringer, making the bonding between the insert and the e-stringer stronger (with UD-glass under the e-stringer).

I’m curious to hear your thinking process.

Very inspiring!

Yeah that Exo-split deal is the shits for sure.  New too,?? You say??  No shit??

first parts for the exosplit-system fresh out of the mold. Some potential for improvement but I’m very happy with the first shot!

is that exosplit system hard enough? 

what ur doing for water proof the foam?

the “bones” of the exosplit are 3,5 *19 mm of carbon fibre. very stiff. not bendable with your hands.

I will upload more pictures as I progress then you also can see how the foam is protected from water.

do you think you will get it done by the new year?

Unfortunately, not. Had too many things to make the exosplit parts gouing, such as milling templates etc. Make it probably until January to get the two boards ready.

when I had the idea of a split surfboard, I was thinking of using a bike quick release

Can’t wait to see ur board done

fresh out of the vac bag

There is no need to waterproof XPS.

I used to punch holes in the delams of my XPS board, to prevent it blowing up.

work in progress…

tombstones…

exosplit: proof of concept…

finally did it:

and here some pics of the exosplit system (http://www.golondrina-surfboards.de/exosplit/):

Very clever.  Thanks for posting.

all the best

Excellent! Congratulations on a great job.

Interested in a ride report!

Why did you use the carbon/kevlar on the bottom and not the deck? I’d do it the other way.