Edge Waves

Some of you probably know the magazine The Surfer’s Path. I just picked up a copy to read on a train and I stumbled upon an article on Edge Waves. The concept seems amazing, but I don’t fully understand it. Can anyone shed some more light on this subject or point me in the right direction at least? Thank you.

Haven’t read it but sounds interesting. Can you provide a quick recap of what and “edge wave” is? Just curious Drew

from the article: “An edge wave is, as the name suggests, a wave that propagates along the shore- along the edge, if you like. Its period and wavelength are much longer than those of the normal incoming waves (the incident waves), hence it has more similarity to the ‘moving bump’ described above, than a normal surfing wave” I’m trying to find a scanner, to scan the rest of the article. I couldn’t find it online. I’m not too hot with fluid mechanics, so the article confused me a lot, but it also really interested me.

If you were interested in the article then you’d be intersted in TB’s book - best details on UK sites: UK - http://www.alisonhodge.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=18 on Amazon: UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0906720311 US - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0906720311