Egg with a 2+trailer or thruster setup

I’m just finishing shaping a 5’10" egg to surf at my local when it’s gutless (usually). It’s pretty full figured but I’m trying to squeeze some performance out of it with the rails and the bottom. I surf twinnies 80% of the time but would like a little extra drive for this board. So I’d like to experiment with a three fin set up that I could surf as a twin + trailer and a traditional thruster.

Should I just place the fin boxes as a typical thruster set up or are there some other consideration?

I like to put a 10.5" centerfin box in my eggs and ride them as a single, 2+1 or tri fin. Fun to change it up depending on mood and wave conditions.

FCS has rear tri fin that snaps into a centerfin box. Make sure to place the box so you can land the tailing edge of the fin around 3.5" from the tail.

I ended up going with a standard thruster placement but will try surfing it as a twin + trailer set up. If that doesn’t work I can always revert to a thruster.

Good to know about the fcs option. I have a friend who wants a shape like mine but 7’ with a single fin set up. I think the board will work well with the single + two as you described. Will pitch that to him. And if it works make one for myself!