Epoxy ding repair question

Hey guys, I recently picked up a used FireWire board off craigslist for cheap. The board isn’t in very good shape, I figured I would do some quick and easy repairs with suncure and maybe give it to a friend. While stripping the deck of wax I came across a fin gash. It’s been repaired before but it looks like the repair has separated and needs re-doing. Definitely something more in depth than suncure fiberfill is able to do. So here’s my question. Could I use UV curing polyester resin to do this? The board has a wooden deck. In doing the repair, essentially no foam would be exposed to resin. I may be wrong, but my understanding with epoxy boards is polyester resin will melt the foam if it comes in contact with it. So with this being a repair on top of a wooden deck, with basically no contact with foam, it seems like it would be OK. Is this an incorrect assumption? Will the polyester resin bond to the epoxy resin? Ideally I don’t want to buy epoxy resin for this beater board if I don’t have to. Thanks for the help and wisdom.

Post a pic of the gash.

if the board is a beater, I’d just slap some sum cure on it and be done with it… I’m not like most on here haha

I hate ding repair and while I do love to make nice looking boards, I could really care less if they stay that way or not.

Poly don’t stick that well to epoxy so if your gonna go through the trouble of doing it half way right, you might as well do it all the way right cause half way will probably not last much longer than my suggested crap fix. - my vote is still crap fix.

When I get home I can post up a picture. I tried putting suncure on it but once it dried it just peeled right up. Not sure why, I rough sanded the area well. This is my first time working with the suncare epoxy, from my initial experience it doesn’t seem like it works as well as the polyester

DO NOT use polyester resin. Firewire boards are made with EPS foam. If any of the resin gets to the foam it will ruin the board.
I added some poly onto board that I though was for sure covered by the epoxy and wood, but a little of the poly got to the foam and melted it big time. Makes a big hole. Turns the foam into cotton candy like fibers. And you won’t know it until you have to figure out why something isn’t right because the wood covers what is underneath.

a pack of 5 minute Araldite should sort the problem

You’d be better off using typical two part epoxy like you find in a hardware store if you want a cheap, inexensive fix. The stuff that comes in a plunger tube. Do NOT use poly!