epoxy finish and minwax Polycrylic

Hey Quick question for all the epoxy gurus on here…

I made a little twin fin fish and glassed it with Green Room resin. I added dark blue tint… So far I have sanded it down to about 220 grit and it looks ok. you can see the weave on a few spots but not bad. Pobably because of the dark color.

So, I was hoping to wipe on some kind of finish to give it a shne and seal it up. I have some minwax polycrylic water based clear gloss… Would this be an ok way to finish up the board? If so any hints on application?

I have searched and read through a few previous threads but my question is pretty specific.

Thanks so much for any insight!!!

get some behr low lustre concrete sealer. wipe on a couple of coats. burnish with 3m maroon pad.

I did that on my first few epoxy boards and I think some sort of automotive clear coat or the above mentioned concrete sealer stuff might be better. I had better luck with the auto clear stuff and never used the concrete stuff. The minwax works, but, I feel like the auto stuff is more durable and produces a nicer finish.

I applied it somewhat warm and on a warm day, to hopefully lower the viscosity a bit and create some sort of self leveling effect, aka no lines from the brush. Don’t go too warm though. I’ve tried those foam applicator brush things too, which also work. It was the satin/matte finish one. Maybe semi gloss would produce a better looking finish.

Max2k or UPOL clear coat. Buy online or auto paint place…us it, the other stuff is subpar

Thanks for the info guys !!! Do you think sanding to 220 before is adequate ? I really appreciate it!

I use minwax polycrylic for sealing artwork before glassing or sealing pinlines if I think they might run (epoxy resin).