Epoxy hardener

Hey FYI, I get my epoxy here in Santa Cruz at Fiberglass Hawaii. Up until my last purchase the hardener has always been a slightly honey colored fluid a little less viscous than the resin component. The last batch I bought was a big surprise because the hardener is about the consistency of water. Man is this a dream come true for lamination purposes. The stuff is a whole lot clearer when it hardens as well and the hardening process is complete in 3 hours instead of 24. It takes a little longer to kick than a standard polyester catalyist mix so its very good to work with. I worked it this morning with the air temperature a about 60 degree and although the resin was super thick once I added the hardener to it the viscosity was perfect and all went just fine. I made a couple of 6" liddle’s L-flex pattern for a rail fin experiment. I’ll be foiling them towmorrow. It’s my first attempt at solid epoxy laminate fin. I’m anxious to foil it down to see when it start to flex a little at the tip. I don’t know how many of you out there work with epoxy but this low viscosity clear hardener is DAKINE! By the way if you get the right stuff you can rough it up and gloss it with poly if you want a nice easy finish. Mahalo, Rich

just wait, they’ll concoct something new after the lab rat tests come in and the gov’t bans the stuff you love. maybe what happened to the honey colored stuff.

just wait, they’ll concoct something new after the lab rat tests come in > and the gov’t bans the stuff you love. maybe what happened to the honey > colored stuff. Hey JR, I can’t wait to compare it to the new DHP resin! Mahalo, Rich