Erica Eggert

Hi there. I'm just going to start off by saying I don't know anything at all about Surfing or boards or anything like that at all. I don't know if any of you know Erica Eggert, but that's my Mom. I'm sure none of you knew that she even had a child because I didn't know until yesterday myself. She had me on in May of 1989 while she was going to school in Richmond, then placed me up for adoption because she knew that she couldn't give me the life that she wanted for me. So here, almost 21 years later, and a year after starting my search for my biological parents, I've discovered that Erica Eggert is my mom's name. She passed away back in 1992 when she was hit by a drunk driver in Florida. Most of the rest of my family has passed away as well except for my uncle who I spoke to for the first time yesterday as well. He didn't even know I existed. He did tell me though that my Mom was REALLY big into surfing and was one of the first female surfers on the East Coast. When I googled her, I found a post on here about her so I figured maybe this was a good place to start trying to find out some more about my Mom. Since she didn't live at home for a while, I'm sure there are some things that my Uncle and the little bit of family I have left, don't know about her. I'm just trying to fill in some missing pieces and find out some more information, get in touch with her friends... all that good stuff... so that I can put some pieces together :)

Thanks So Much! I've also included a picture of me beside a picture of my Mom. Maybe the face will jolt some memories. [img_assist|nid=1050062|title=Erica Eggert|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=0|height=0]

Hi, sorry to hear about what happened to your mom. I was never a competitive surfer but someone who was might be able to help you assuming she was surfing contests , if so try to contact the ESA ( Eastern Surfing Association ). If she lived here in Florida for any length of time and you know where, try posting on a surfing forum such as 2ndlight.com , there you will find people from all over the state and some as far away as Hawaii. If you are near an ocean try surfing ,theres nothing like it and its a great stress reliever , maybe you will feel a connection to you mom and why she loved surfing so much. Good luck !

Edit: After writing this I used the search box on this forum and found several posts about female shapers and it sounds like she was good. It also looks like Jim Phillips aka “Jim the genius” knew her well. He is one of the best shapers in the world. If you could contact him it looks like he could tell you a lot.