ET - Kingfish question

Been seeing alot of these lateley around the so. bay. Anyone have any experience with them? Any idea as to the best size? I’m 205 lbs, 6’1", longboard only this far. Cheers, John

The McTavish boards in the U.S. are shaped by Pat Ryan and he’s an awesome shaper. In addition to McTavish, another option is to go into Just Longboards and talk to Pat (or Mike up front) and tell him what your looking for in a board and get one custom made. Pat can do it all and he does it as good as anyone else out there. I’m riding a custom 10’ pintail, volan noserider that Pat shaped for me and this board rocks - it does it all. Pat took the time to talk to me and find out what I needed in a board. Also check out Pat’s Kingfish model. If Bob McTavish chose this guy to shape his boards in the U.S., you know he’s got to be good. There’s a bio on him at elpoto.com under local shapers. See Pat -he’ll hook you up.

plagiarism is meant as flattery . . . .

Been seeing alot of these lateley around the so. bay.>>> Anyone have any experience with them?>>> Any idea as to the best size? I’m 205 lbs, 6’1", longboard only this > far.>>> Cheers,>>> John I recently got a used 7’2 and have had some great high tide point break sessions on it. Somebody here said it well, the Kingfish has good qualities of a longboard with a loose fish tail. Good speed, you can get forward and trim and drive around sections, run way out on the flats if you want then whip it back around. It projects well out of turns. It’s a lot of board and I don’t like it as much in more critical conditions where you need really quick maneuvers, slow rail to rail with that wide tail. Mine’s volan, and doesn’t help the quickness I’m sure. I weigh 180# and 7’2 seems to work, wouldn’t go bigger though, ask the guys at the shop. Ride On. Dan

can’t ride a 7’2 that well though . . . if j.h. - hear - can’t stop downward spiral - p help . . .with dimensions

I recently got a used 7’2 and have had some great high tide point break > sessions on it. Somebody here said it well, the Kingfish has good > qualities of a longboard with a loose fish tail. Good speed, you can get > forward and trim and drive around sections, run way out on the flats if > you want then whip it back around. It projects well out of turns. It’s a > lot of board and I don’t like it as much in more critical conditions where > you need really quick maneuvers, slow rail to rail with that wide tail. > Mine’s volan, and doesn’t help the quickness I’m sure. I weigh 180# and > 7’2 seems to work, wouldn’t go bigger though, ask the guys at the shop.>>> Ride On. Dan Get forward and trim and drive around sections, run way out on the flats if you want then whip it back around. Sounds like a sting…