Fabric inlay on deck question

Pic for reference.
Just wanna see if i have this right.
I would lam the bottom and cutlap to the deck.
Tape off for cloth inlay on deck.
Inlay the cloth.
Then do i tape off the line on the cloth inlay , And tape the line on the bottom for cutlap.
Do the deck with tinted lam.
Cut around the cloth inlay tape line, flip and cut the bottom cutlap.
Then do a final cape of everything on the deck in clear and either free lap or cutlap to the bottom?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and tips on the technique

Another option to consider would be to lam the bottom(cutlap) then tinted lam the deck(cutlap again).
Fabric inlay over that so you have one solid piece of cloth covering the deck, then another layer of glass on top.
Not positive about laying the fabric on a lammed deck, but seems easier to me. May want to get confirmation that this is “acceptable” from some of the other guys.
I would search the archives for sandwiching a fabric inlay

…if you want right lamination (function/fatigue ratio resistant) you should have at least two layers of glass on all the deck without any cuts; if you do with only one on top of the fabric as you are saying, when you (a rookie) sanding the hot coat, you ll see what I am talking about now.

reverb knows his shit…
You could tape up cut lap, tack down the fabric with spray glue
I would also consider laming’ the fabric to the foam.
if the fabric moves around like I think it will under layers of glass
it won’t be a blast.
I would rather be able to take my sweet time on the “visible” stuff.
UV cure makes this shit EZ…
http://www.swaylocks.com/forums/hplb-quad-build

That’s an advanced laminating job, tricky to get right, and doesn’t look all that great aesthetically, to my eye. To minimize the hassles you could paint the blank then all you have to worry about when glassing is the fabric inlay, which is tricky enough because of the oval shape. And i agree, never less than 2 layers of glass on top.

…Fabric should ALWAYS be applied on the foam. Then glassed over. The secret to success, in how you do the prep. And, how well you thought out the process. Reverb, Matt, and Huck, have all advised you well. Not only do you need to consider the cosmetics, but also the structural outcome, as it relates to the finished surfboard.

go for it!

If those old guys can do it… you can too… grab your skills and make it happen.

Just do it. Run hard, Go crazy!