FCS 2 finbox for twin fin

Hi guys!

Im shaping a surfboard at the moment and trying to fnd information about what fin box i need to order. Im shaping a twin fin so only need to two finboxes but not sure if i need to buy 0*, 3*,5* or even 9* finboxes. These are the fins i have bought in advance (not smart) and its the old fcs finsystem. Would still like to use fcs 2 finboxes in case i want to buy other fins.

Already thanks!!! 

Five degree “Fusion” box.

You buy the boxes that give you the cant that you desire. 

Take a dummy fin, preferably the same template you plan to use.  Make one out of cardboard if you have to.  Place it on the shaped blank and find the layout you desire.  Measure the angle.  Order the correct box.  None of us here can honestly give you the correct answer because every board is different.  Depending on your bottom contours it could be the 3* or the 9* or something in between.  

Thanks for the information guys!! :) 

It’s a Twin Fin!  Not hard to figure.  But I’ m not surprised that two of Swaylocks biggest “Contrarians” wouldn’t be able to come up with something other than a vague “waffle”.

WTF is that supposed to mean?  Don’t be a dick.

Haha.  Twins are fairly specific.  Starting at zero cant double foiled as in the 70’s and moving forward.  Just seems to me the two of you could offer up some point of origin.  A starting point for the poster to work from.

The starting point is the countours of the bottom of his board.  Is it not?  Do you claim to know if the board in question has a concave bottom, flat bottom or V in the bottom?  Hell it could be a six channel twin fin like the board I started surfing on in the early 80s.  If you don’t know the bottom contours, how can you possibly recommend what degree fin boxes the OP should purchase?  That’s why I told him to mock it up with dummy fins and measure the angle so he can order the right boxes for his board.  Who’s the F-ing contrarian?