fin problems with mini-mal I am building

I am shaping a min-mal for Florida East Coast and Florida Gulf Coast.

I am so confused on fins and can’t make the leep in the purchase. Everything I find online sends me in 20 different directions and now I just wish someone sold a fin kit complete with box, fin and tools. I am pulling out my hair. I am sure I am just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Board dimms: 7’10" x 17" x 21.5" x 14.25" nose rocker 4.5", tail rocker 2.25"

Riders: 6foot 175lbs male Intermediate surfer, 5’6" 115lbs kids and wife amateur surfers (ride straight in and usually need a push)

I am thinking single fin but now can’t decide on what system…can someone who has been through this send me the 3 links of the fin and box that will work together and links to anyother parts i will need outside of epoxy, router and screw driver. THESE FINS ARE KILLING ME, KILLING ME!

P.S. trying to keep under $50.00

I want to order this week because I should be done glassing this week and I will want to put in the fins, leash and vent in on the weekend.

Thanks in advance!!!

Here’s a review again frm the same guy with 5 fin set up. I made the simmions twin and will next find out the results after water time of this board with Twin, Twinzer and Simmions Twin Quad. Mahalo, Larry

Put a fifth fin in the Simmons SUP with ProBox and was impressed with the hold off the bottom and top with no slippage yet there was no loss of drive down the line . You can still break the fins lose but it became a controlled break , really loving the pivot point. More to come later with other fins. Thanks Larry for all your help !

I just took a quick look on foam e-z's site, and found these.  Should work for what you need.

http://www.foamez.com/fin-box-105-white-p-347.html

http://www.foamez.com/fcs-dolphin-8-glass-flex-p-843.html

Huckleberry:

Thank you! virtual beer and cigar sent your way. I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. Thank you again!!!

having only surfed glassed in fins, these systems were confusing me and I did not want to order and not be able to make them work together or wrong size for board.

araq44, I think it’s hard to find info because you are looking in wrong places. Here’s a pic with ride review with a project I been working on for 5 months. Enjoy my friend. Mahalo, Larry

Chris Hill charging the ProBox Movement in Simmons mode!

Wanted to share a new board with ProBox Fibre Glas Fin The board is a 7'6" Simmons inspired SUP and just for reference I'm 6'4" 220 lbs. We kept with the Simmons design with a displacment nose a single concave and wide tail. I'm so stoked to have ProBox in this board because of its adjustability and the way the fin system feels like glass on's. When I first noticed a difference was putting the fins in and the way the fin sucked into the system and became part of the board it was like it pulled into the board versus the other systems and the fins are just moved sideways or back. When riding it felt like there were as many gears as you wanted and no governer again they felt like glass on when riding, there was no sluggishness while up in the pocket high lining and no humming at speed , the fins felt so connected to the board. The fist pic is with the large fins in front set up like a normal Quad , this did not work well as the tail would break loose on hard turns so after talking with Larry Allison I moved the large fins to the back at zero degree cant and the small one forward at 6 degree cant and the board came to life.

Araq44, Here’s another review by the same guy with pic.

A side view of some amazing ProBox fins on the Simmons SUP. Moved the big fins back at zero cant and small ones at 6 degree cant , gotta love adjustability.

Here’s a review again frm the same guy with 5 fin set up. I made the simmions twin and will next find out the results after water time of this board with Twin, Twinzer and Simmions Twin Quad. Mahalo, Larry

Put a fifth fin in the Simmons SUP with ProBox and was impressed with the hold off the bottom and top with no slippage yet there was no loss of drive down the line . You can still break the fins lose but it became a controlled break , really loving the pivot point. More to come later with other fins. Thanks Larry for all your help !

Great info proboxlarry!!! your blog is packed solid with info.