Fin Rehab

My longboard fin is pretty dinged up. I surf an over-crowded east coast rocky break (any guesses?) where my fin has met up with rocks and played jig saw to a board or two. Most specifically, the tip is a little stunted where it hit a rock. I’d say it’s missing about 3/8 of an inch. I guess I can live with it as I doubt it affects performance too much, but I’d like to clean it up some. Anyone have any tips for rehabilitating fins? It’s not a glass on, so I could always replace it, but that’s the fun in that.

depending on the amount of glass removed in the dings, you can either machine it out (essentially reshaping the fin) and refoil. or, you can hand sand it out reshaping and refoiling at the same time. if you’ve got a good eye for it, there’s no need to draw an outline, just sand it till your lines look good. have fun, good luck…

depending on the amount of glass removed in the dings, you can either machine it out (essentially reshaping the fin) and refoil. or, you can hand sand it out reshaping and refoiling at the same time. if you’ve got a good eye for it, there’s no need to draw an outline, just sand it till your lines look good. have fun, good luck…

I would just hand sand it until the curve is smoothed out. Start with 120 grit and work your way up until you are satisfied. http://www.heartbeat2000.com/phi.htm

good on ya nomad fibonacci forever where can I send away for templates