Fin setup for this one

Hello friends i would like to read any opinion or sugestion on:
Fin setup
Toe in angle
Fin size
Fin cant

Size : 5’6" x 22" x 3"

Cheers and good waves!

No idea, that is well beyond my knowledge … but!
I want to hear about your thought process with this design. It will be awesome to hear a ride report too!!!

Why fins at all?
But if I had to pick a setup: single fin.

2 Likes

Hello,
Here is the tought process.

The blank was leftover from a previous mess,and that was the best cut out to keep as much white foam as possible.

It felt very good to just freehand the cuts and rails without markings or templates.

The longer left side of the blank extends out so it keeps a bit of extra rocker and luckily its on my heel side. So more rail for droping backhand. (Guessing here)

There is lots of volume so it will float and i guess it wil ride on shitty surf.

I wanted to try to do channels so i did one randomly and find out its ok to do them.

My idea is to use this blank to try stuff i never did because i felt bad about experiences on expensive blanks so here is a list of what i am going to do with it:

1-A leash hole (read this one here on swaylocks)
Something like doing a plug insert filling it with resin and leave a waxed piece of rope inside and pull out when the resin gels to get a molded leash plug.

2- spraypainting and resin pinlines

3- cloth inlay

4-making a fin panel to make some glass ons.

Cheers and good waves and thanks to all people here for the precious info and suport.

Let us know how the glassing goes.

1 Like

Good way to use a blank that wasn’t much use. I like the idea of trying several different techniques to gain experience. You might as well put it all into something experimental! From what I’ve been led to understand on a asym you generally have the shorter rail on your heel side … but I have heard of others doing it the other way around OR making a board to ride point breaks one way all the time. Either way you’ll get something usable!
It looks like a challenging lamination but with what you’re wanting to try should look great! Keep us posted, always good to see something different.

1 Like

I’d try quad w/adjustable boxes so you can try some stuff out.
Seems like it might be hard to get your back foot far enough back for that “long” heel side tail - like others said, be interesting to hear how it goes for you.

I prefer the opposite re. heel/toe side, i.e., shorter under my heels, but that’s just me. I’ve seen the opposite.

1 Like