fin type and size

any suggestins out there on what type and size of fin to use with a 9-6 retro style noserider(9-6 x 23 x 15 x 18.5 x 3 1/4), if one is looking for maneuverability , stability when walkin to and from the nose, and good noseriding???

any suggestins out there on what type and size of fin to use with a 9-6 > retro style noserider(9-6 x 23 x 15 x 18.5 x 3 1/4), if one is looking for > maneuverability , stability when walkin to and from the nose, and good > noseriding??? Hey Jerry, Check out TrueAmes.com–they have a fin called the Wayne Rich 1 which might be worth looking at. Ofcourse there are many others as well.

any suggestins out there on what type and size of fin to use with a 9-6 > retro style noserider(9-6 x 23 x 15 x 18.5 x 3 1/4), if one is looking for > maneuverability , stability when walkin to and from the nose, and good > noseriding??? Jerry, I asked the same question back about 4 months ago. I have a 9’6" x 23 x 14 x 19 x 3 1/4 and they said that if you have a tri fin set up then use a shorter fin for the center fin and a longer fin if you’re going to go with a single fin set up. I think the string is the same name as you called yours. It’s probably in the archive by now. Good luck Chad

any suggestins out there on what type and size of fin to use with a 9-6 > retro style noserider(9-6 x 23 x 15 x 18.5 x 3 1/4), if one is looking for > maneuverability , stability when walkin to and from the nose, and good > noseriding??? the string is in the archive under “fin size” around the date of September 10

while true that with a tri fin setup you can go with a smaller center fin… single fins are better for noseriding. that means you need one big fin. i ride a lot of retro noserider boards, and, personally, i like the fin that donald takayama puts on his Model T boards. i believe it’s a replica of what used to be on david nuuhiwa noseriders. anyway, i use the 9.5 inch fin. its long, about 4-5 inches wide, and squared off at the end, very little rake. i know they carry them at Basham’s in san clemente, and i’m sure donald has them at his shop in oceanside. -steve

any suggestins out there on what type and size of fin to use with a 9-6 > retro style noserider(9-6 x 23 x 15 x 18.5 x 3 1/4), if one is looking for > maneuverability , stability when walkin to and from the nose, and good > noseriding??? Hi everybody, my name is Vito and I’m new to this board. I’m the same guy who’s trying to sell a Y Swizzle… Anyway my suggestion is the Turbeo tunnel fin. I ride with a 9 and a half inches one and I think it’s totally awesome.

i’ve heard the turbo tunnel fins are harder to turn with, something about too much lift in the tail or something. -steve>>> Hi everybody, my name is Vito and I’m new to this board. I’m the same guy > who’s trying to sell a Y Swizzle… Anyway my suggestion is the Turbeo > tunnel fin. I ride with a 9 and a half inches one and I think it’s totally > awesome.

If I had a retro 9’6’’ I would go for a fin that is 9.5’’ in length. I was told that you want to stay in the same range. example. 8’0’’ board = 8’’ fin, 9’0’’ board = 9’’ fin. Now we are talking about single fin set-ups and not 2+1. If you want stable noserides then go for a wider fin like the “el gato” from Rainbow Fin co. For a more loose ride go for a more rake (narrow and long) style fin. Here are some fin websites: http://ezkine.com/ http://www.finsunlimited.com/index.html http://www.rainbowfins.com/ http://www.trueames.com/ Hope I can help —Mikey

i’ve heard the turbo tunnel fins are harder to turn with, something about > too much lift in the tail or something. -steve Steve, I actually find it easier to turn with that fin (turbo tunnel)

yeah, i havent tested the fin myself, but thats what someone i ran into at san onofre had told me. -steve>>> Steve, I actually find it easier to turn with that fin (turbo tunnel)

yeah, i havent tested the fin myself, but thats what someone i ran into at > san onofre had told me. -steve to steve vito, mike, jim, etc. and all the other guys who answered this…thanks for the help.just learnin how to post responses on this and sometimes i get so wraped up ininfo i forget to say thanks.you guys are teaching me alot(im not a shaper, just a lowly chiropractor from rhode island whose first passion (next to my 2 boys4 &7)is to ride a longboard(the old school way).thanks again, and if theres any info i can help you guys with in my area of “expertise”, just hollar…happy holidays…

If youre into riding Old School you might consider a Fins Unlimited 10.0 DT-mtp Retro pivot type. check out there site. If have to of these and they work perfect for surfing like this and riding the nose. Peter Rijk.

If youre into riding Old School you might consider a Fins Unlimited 10.0 > DT-mtp Retro pivot type. check out there site. If have to of these and > they work perfect for surfing like this and riding the nose.>>> Peter Rijk. I use my 10-inch Wingnut (Longrake model) fin as the only fin for my 9-6 noserider. I also use this fin on my 9-3. It’s great for noseriding on my 9-6, and still offers performance carves on both boards. It’s provides EXCELLENT drive on all boards I put it on, especially works well on frontside top turns. It’s not stiff-turning at all, as you might think a 10-incher might be. If you want to see this fin, go to the longboard archives and look at my 9-6 “Leaf” model. I won’t use anything shorter than 10-inches now, not even on my 9-3. I put tons of pressure on hard, fast bottom turns and can’t stand it when shorter fins pop out.

I use my 10-inch Wingnut (Longrake model) fin as the only fin for my 9-6 > noserider. I also use this fin on my 9-3. It’s great for noseriding on my > 9-6, and still offers performance carves on both boards. It’s provides > EXCELLENT drive on all boards I put it on, especially works well on > frontside top turns. It’s not stiff-turning at all, as you might think a > 10-incher might be. If you want to see this fin, go to the longboard > archives and look at my 9-6 “Leaf” model. I won’t use anything > shorter than 10-inches now, not even on my 9-3. I put tons of pressure on > hard, fast bottom turns and can’t stand it when shorter fins pop out. thnaks you guys for the info…a big help…hope theres waves where you are this weekend…jer…

i have an 11.5 inch fin on a beat up old 60’s board my neighbors gave me and i love the thing. it looks very similar to the fins on the cooperfish longboards. -steve

We have been really happy using the surfline hawaii noserider fin(11.5).I think they are made by Rainbow Fin in La Selva Beach, CA.Very “pivoty”,like an Nuuhiwa Lightweight fin.Not everyone likes 'em, not the “carviest” fin.