finger marks!!

Don’t you just love them! You glass the bottom then they appear from nowhere! How do i stop them?

I remove the marks by lighty sanding with 220 grit attached to a foam pad. Then brush with a very soft brush. Finish by blowing off with clean air(I use an oil filter and moisture trap). How to stop them. Very care tranfers of the blank. Keep the hands clean. I sometimes use latex gloves.>>> Don’t you just love them! You glass the bottom then they appear from > nowhere! How do i stop them? http://www.viser.net/~anthwind/

Yep! what a pain. I use a handful of foam dust to “clean” my hands before I pick it up and move it for glassing, scraps of fiberglass cloth work too. Next, dust and clean the blank for glassing. I found that the powder used to coat the the cheap rubber gloves I buy was a big culprit for invisible-until-glassed fingerprints. I rinse them in acetone before using them now. Also watch how you handle your cloth when you pull it off the roll, make sure you hands aren’t sweaty or dirty as you cut and adjust the cloth or handle laminates. Hand oils don’t clean off anything very easily so clean gloves might be the best idea. Tom Sterne>>> Don’t you just love them! You glass the bottom then they appear from > nowhere! How do i stop them?

tryed sanding lightly didnt work! tho some marks are off my squeegee tho that was cleaned fully!? i think i’ll have to give latex gloves a go. thanks paul

Yep! what a pain. I use a handful of foam dust to “clean” my > hands before I pick it up and move it for glassing, scraps of fiberglass > cloth work too. Next, dust and clean the blank for glassing. I found that > the powder used to coat the the cheap rubber gloves I buy was a big > culprit for invisible-until-glassed fingerprints. I rinse them in acetone > before using them now. Also watch how you handle your cloth when you pull > it off the roll, make sure you hands aren’t sweaty or dirty as you cut and > adjust the cloth or handle laminates. Hand oils don’t clean off anything > very easily so clean gloves might be the best idea.>>> Tom Sterne Ive been using a couple of pieces of waxpaper under my hand.Been doing for twenty five years…no problem.

anthony, love your site. has many links for tons of good info. everyone should take a look. shape on…

Don’t you just love them! You glass the bottom then they appear from > nowhere! How do i stop them? First, never touch laminating resin surfaces with your bare hands. I don’t care if you said you just washed your hands in clean acetone, go change your oil and try to clean off the grease with acetone, it’s not a grease and oil cleaner. Use wax paper, paper towels or scrap fiber glass to pick up boards. If it is the sanded surface, resand after touching with 120# or finer, those hand oils are everywhere!!!

Ive been using a couple of pieces of waxpaper under my hand.Been doing for > twenty five years…no problem. Ive been using a couple of pieces of toilet paper under my hand.Been doing for forty five years…need a couple more now and then.

Ive been using a couple of pieces of toilet paper under my hand.Been doing > for forty five years…need a couple more now and then. When you get my age you need half a roll,those Depends Diapers fill up real quick.