Finishing up my first garage board- thank you!

Just put a gloss/seal coat on this one- still deciding if it will end up gloss or matte, but am super excited at how it has turned out. I could not have done it without all of the help that I have received from this forum. Most of the info has come from searching and reading so those of you that helped me probably do not even realize it. Thank you for all of the info! Doing just the final blank shaping (removing CNC ridges) and glassing has given me great appreciation for the craftsmanship and efficiency of professional board builders. I cannot see how new custom boards do not START at $1500+ given the amount of time and work that this one has taken me- and it still does not look as good as any professional board - but I am happy with the results since it is my first go at it.

It is a Marko EPS 2.0 psf blank - CNC shaped from Shape3D (since I have no idea how to shape…yet) purchased thru FoamEZ
RR epoxy, both sides tinted/cutlap 2x6oz deck, 6 oz bottom
9’4" x 23.5" x 3"
rice paper footprints from my kids (age 2 and 4)

Still need to sand out the zits on the bottom - deck came out almost flawless by my standards…
(glad I did a better job centering the fin box than I did on the leash plug!)

Blue tint, especially with epoxy is very hard to do. Great job on your first board.

Wow ! That’s terrific for your first board. You should be very proud of that.

Nice work!!!

Yes a tint in Epoxy is tough for anyone. So you ordered it thru Brad and the Boyz at the FoamEZ. Did Marko cut it for you? A lot of people don’t realize that you can order a CNC’ed Blank form Marko thru one of their distributors. You can submit your file. They also offer scanning service.

Yep, Brad was great, I sent the file to him at FoamEZ and they handled it…cut was done by Marko.

Oh, so very nice…
Your going places Sonny!